Analyst, TaxAPPLY NOW
Tax Analyst – State and Local Tax Compliance - responsibilities include the preparation and payment of telecommunications, sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts and excise tax returns filed to various taxing jurisdictions, account reconciliations, and tax research and projects.
- Prepare complex telecommunication sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts and excise tax returns and the related payment requests.
- Maintain and reconcile journal entries for the accurate recording of tax liabilities.
- Create and/or revise spreadsheets and processes to improve the tax return filing procedures.
- Undertake recurring and special projects including utilization of support personnel as needed.
- Assist in sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts, and excise tax audits.
- Maintain Tax Calendar.
- Prepare documentation to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) controls and procedures.
- Perform tax research to keep current with new and changing tax law.
- Strong knowledge of multi-state indirect and transaction tax laws with the ability to research and document complex tax issues.
- Knowledge of systems (SAP, Vertex, Business Objects)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with key internal and external personnel.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Identify problems/issues and follow-up with the proper resolution.
- Strong knowledge of desktop software packages including Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to work simultaneously on numerous projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting degree or similar.
- 2 – 5 years state and local tax compliance experience.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.