Manager, Database AdministrationAPPLY NOW
The Manager of DBA team is responsible to provide leadership and management for the team that is responsible for Teradata database installations and upgrades, backups, business continuity and support of multiple projects and application platforms. This position establishes, communicates and enforces departmental policies relating to standards, information, customer security and operational processes in support of business objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Responsible for providing DBA support for development and delivery of BI and analytic applications on Teradata platforms.
- Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other managers to meet deadlines and objectives
- Develops and enforces processes, procedures and architectural standards to ensure stable, secure and scalable database environments to meet operational goals
- Manages the performance and behavior of direct reports through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Accountable for ensuring project delivery excellence across the Teradata platforms from DBA support perspective.
- Proactively work to improve system and ETL jobs performance, operational efficiency, reliability and customer service
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members, perform reviews as required and work with individuals to develop quarterly goals
- Work with direct reports to assess skill levels and create individual training and career development plans
- Stay current with technological advancements and be able to assess and communicate these to senior management
- Works with team members as lead and provide solutions to complex business requirements and technical issues
- Participate in project assessments and provide resource requirements
- Works with senior management to determine staffing requirements, develop departmental goals and set departmental priorities
- Maintain status reports, capital labor reports and other documentation and administrative tasks as necessary
- Provide technical leadership to support the Teradata database infrastructure and projects.
- Establish and enforce standards, best practices and escalations policies to meet operational/performance goals as well as SLAs.
- Review capacity/trend analysis and plan to provide system capacity to meet the growth.
- A four year degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.