Sr Engineer, Ent Information Security -- CIRT Cyber Incident ResponseAPPLY NOW
The Sr. Engineer, Enterprise Information Security – CIRT Cyber Incident Response role working in Corporate Information Security will be responsible for monitoring, assessing, and responding to information security events in a large diverse enterprise environment. The best candidate for the role should have a strong comprehension of incident response, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills. This position correlates security related data across the enterprise, performs Security Incident Response Handling & Incident containment/recovery and also assists application owners to understand and implement the security aspects of their applications. Additionally, the candidate must have some knowledge of system security design and network security best practices. Analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and work independently and as part of a team are required.
What you will do:
· Investigate incidents for Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT)
· Develop content to improve detective capabilities in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool
· Analyze disparate data sources for security incidents
· Respond to network security incidents promptly to mitigate damage or restore service
· Lead small to medium sized projects as directed
· Develop and deliver metrics as requested
· Participate in Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) rotation that may involve non-traditional working hours
A champion for process, recommending tool, software development, or infrastructure
changes to improve or enhance security
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Undergraduate degree and five (5) years of experience as a Cyber Incident Responder; or equivalent combination of education and experience substituting 1 year of additional experience equivalent to 1 year of education
- Demonstrative knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems and networks
- Understanding and applied concepts of computer forensics
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Solid decision-making skills
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Self-discipline and focus with attention to detail
- Cyber Incident Handling Experience
- Experience with programing and scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, Assembly, C, C++
- Experience working with SIEM solution (ArcSight preferred)
- Innovative problem-solving
- Certifications: Preferred:
- GCIH – Certified Incident Handler
- GCIA – Certified Intrusion Analyst
- Digital Forensics Certified Practitioner - DFCP
- Computer Forensic Certified Examiner - CFCE
- Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of info security
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments
- Experience with high level design architecture, security technologies, Networking, web services and SOA Understanding of encryption, obfuscation, tokenization technologies
- Previous leadership experience, a plus
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Information Technology
- 4 years of college courses in Information Technology, Certifications combined with relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.