Sr. Manager Cyber Security Operations CenterAPPLY NOW
Through broad security industry knowledge and technical management expertise, the Sr. Manager SOC manages all aspects of the T-Mobile Security Operations Center (SOC). The SOC Analyst team maintains corporate data security and provides information security based on the enforcement of the T-Mobile security policies. The SOC provides real-time monitoring, detection and reaction services for information security incidents within the company. They perform in-depth security analysis, support incident response and threat intelligence for the enterprise. The team also coordinates with other departments and external vendors with information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indicators and warnings.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Provide SOC vision, direction and guidance on people, process and solutions to monitor, detect and respond to security incidents.
- Provide 24 x 7 day to day security operations within the incident response area and insure effective execution and implementation of programs and capabilities.
- Responsible ensuring availability of required metrics for goals and project reporting.
- Guides, influences and supports people resources and processes in pursuit of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Advise on best tools, process, practices, and standards to insure effective and efficient security tools/capabilities for investigations.
- Analyze workflows, staffing, incident management and related metrics to improve efficiency and performance of the SOC.
- Provide guidance and helps enforce escalation procedures to ensure that security incidents are appropriately assigned and that all necessary communication guidelines are followed.
- Mentor team in goal setting and achievement.
- Complete performance evaluations for each direct report.
- Define job descriptions and upward mobility path.
- Provide monetary forecasts and estimates for capital and operating expenditures for future budgeting purposes.
- Keep abreast of security projects driven by groups both internal and external to Network Security.
- Maintain visibility outside of Network Security, interfacing with outside groups such as Application Support, Tier 1 Operations and platform support departments.
- Communicate with non-CIS Security groups during Security events to coordinate cross-functional efforts.
- 7 to 10 year’s industry experience in leading information security teams as a group manager or program in a SOC or CIRT environment.
- 3+ years of experience in network monitoring and operations support systems.
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments.
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities
- Ability to communicate with and manage executives to specific outcomes.
- Proactive in anticipating and preempting potential problems.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations.
- High-level troubleshooting ability and experience.
- Demonstrated operational performance management capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with the following security domains: GRC, SIEM, VPN, PKI, Vulnerability management, Access Management, Firewalls, DLP, Forensics, Malware analysis, and Incident Response.
- Negotiation, influence, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant information security standards and frameworks including NIST, SANS, ISO, etc.
Experience with regulatory controls that include PCI, SOX, and CPNI
- Proven ability to manage Cyber Incident Response and or Security Operations team through the incident response life cycle
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and delegate tasks to complete independently and within time frame established
- In-depth knowledge of the security technologies such as but not limited to: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection systems, Event Correlation systems, Security forensics, Content caching technologies, URL filtering systems and Encryption protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field; experience may be substituted for educational requirements (4 years minimum)
- License or Certification
- CISSP, CISM
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.