Manager, Project Management - ACSAPPLY NOW
Manager, Alternative Coverage Solutions Deployment
The Manager, Alternative Coverage Solutions Deployment leads a team of project managers and analysts who support T-Mobile’s strategic deployment of coverage and capacity solutions. The successful candidate will be an expert in iDAS and small cell deployment activities, and will understand the tradeoffs and advantages between different technologies and partners. This role is accountable for establishing and effectively communicating best practices, outlining and updating business process, and articulating program success and opportunities through crisp analytics. The Manager will interface with T-Mobile Directors, Vice Presidents, and functional disciplines including Finance and IT.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Evaluates team member competencies and invests in staff development. Drives corrective behavior while maintaining self-esteem. Utilizes Team Development and Motivational techniques to constantly raise the bar in performance and quality. Demonstrated success coaching others in the “big picture” and tying team initiatives to Individual and Corporate goals.
- Deep understanding of iDAS and small cell deployment strategy and tactics, with the ability to align to broader organizational goals and business benefit. Able to explain business benefit of projects and actively contribute to business case/feasibility development.
- Sensitive to how people and organizations function. Poised when interacting with senior audience. Invests in stakeholder management and possesses ability gain stakeholder trust.
- Subject matter expert with respect to venue coverage and capacity solutions. Actively seeks out industry and business information. Understands how policies, systems and processes impact job performance and projects. Fosters business knowledge and understanding among project managers.
- Provides structure, feedback and direction. Creates clear and measurable goals. Holds self and team accountable.
- Mentors and contributes to organizations body of knowledge on project management, budget management, and quality programs.
- Brokers consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs.
- Ability to deal constructively with change. Demonstrated history of mentoring staff through change.
- Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- Expert understanding of venue development cycles, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate program status and opportunities
- Has ability to shift from one project portfolio to another domain while maintaining project and staff continuity
- Ability to read self and other's emotions and recognizes their impact while guiding decisions. Has ability to mentor project managers on emotional awareness and relationship management
- Strong business and technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- 5 years minimum people management or other equivalent leadership experience.
- Experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials
- Experience developing business solutions with a variety of tools.
- Experience in in-building solutions deployment strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree
- Equivalent related experience
License or Certification
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.