The accounting department is responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within the accounting department, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, thereby allowing for opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. These teams are responsible for areas such as Accounting Policy, Revenue, Fixed Assets & Leasing, Device and Corporate accounting
Accountant, Internal Use Software (IUS)
The Accountant position is an entry level position within a newly created team under the Fixed Assets and Leasing Accounting Operations. This team is specifically responsible for the US GAAP and IFRS accounting of internal use software and manages projects close to $1.0B every year.
This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will also interact with the Finance/Business partners across the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) department to implement the internal use software policy and in ensuring that appropriate costs are being capitalized. We are looking for a bright candidate who will be ready to move to the next level within 1-3 years.
- Create and maintain capital projects in SAP throughout the life cycle of the project
- Run settlement error jobs, review postings, analyze errors and take corrective action
- Review capital project costs, re-class costs as necessary and settle them to final assets
- Prepare month-end journal entries related to internal capitalized labor, capital and expense accruals and re-classes
- Analyze and explain monthly variances in assigned general ledger accounts
- Reconcile assigned Balance Sheet accounts in Blackline
- Prepare assigned PBC’s
- Meet all monthly close deadlines
- Support special tasks such as construction-in-progress aging and asset impairment review
- Perform SOX control testing
- Provide necessary support for timely completion of financial audits.
- Communicate and resolve open issues with finance teams
- Proactively identify issues and process improvement opportunities; work with appropriate team members and partners in resolving or implementing them
- Assist team members and work on ad-hoc projects as needed
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong foundation in accounting theory
- Ability to research accounting guidance and apply policies
- Work experience in accounting and reporting systems such as SAP, BPC or Blackline, a plus
- Positive work attitude combined with an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to deal with complex accounting issues and work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented while still being able to understand and articulate the big picture
- Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.