Principal Architect, SecurityAPPLY NOW
The Principal Architect for Security plays a key role in shaping the security of T-Mobile’s technology strategy by defining, enhancing, and implementing T-Mobile’s information security architecture. This role will apply expertise in architectural framework and design modeling, strategic planning and roadmap development, and technology analysis in order to provide a secure experience for T-Mobile’s Customers and protect critical assets from threats in the mobile and enterprise ecosystems. This role will seek to understand how people, processes, technology and security interact to perform the fundamental activities of the business in both current and future states, and model these interactions to guide security technology strategy in order to better achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the business.
- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology and security roadmaps that guide the evolution of security services, practices, products, and infrastructure by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize security reference architectures and best practices that address critical security challenges and provide commercially responsible security guardrails for technology.
- Influence stakeholders and ensure alignment with security strategy and architecture principles by driving collaboration across the enterprise’s technology architecture functions, the inclusion of security strategy roadmaps into enterprise technology roadmaps, and the adoption of security reference architectures and best practices.
- Mentor team members on information assurance and security best practices in area of expertise.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across multiple security domains to guide technology and security strategy and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide security issues to team and decision makers.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- 7 years of technical security solutions experience in a combination of relevant Security areas.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and experience implementing information security architecture concepts, principles, methods, and components.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and experience implementing Information Assurance principles and organizational requirements relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation.
- Working knowledge of IT architectural concepts and frameworks.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with foundational technology concepts including:
- How system components are installed, integrated, and optimized,
- Computer networking fundamentals,
- How traffic flows across the network,
- Server and client operating systems and database systems,
- Network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring, fault tolerance), and tools,
- IT supply chain security/risk management policies, requirements, and procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with security objectives, operational objectives, and tradeoffs associated with the network design process.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with network access, identity and access management, and access authentication methods.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, and HTTP.
- Knowledge of cryptology and encryption algorithms (e.g., IPSEC, AES, GRE, IKE, MD5, SHA, 3DES).
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with the implementation of data security standards / guidance and regulatory / contractual information security requirements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with foundational security concepts including:
- Risk management processes, including steps and methods for assessing risk.
- Secure configuration mgmt. techniques.
- Security test and evaluation processes.
- Secure system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Secure software engineering / development principles and methods.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and associated technologies
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.