Sr Engineer, Systems ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
- Ability to define requirements and work effectively with other organizations, users and vendors on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for provisioning, systems integration and migration.
- Provide support to Engineers in the team on project design, testing and deployment activities
- Review and update appropriate design documents
- Ability to create automated scripts on-demand to monitor performance of platforms and other KPIs required for Executive Dashboard is preferred
- Ability to present and defend the chosen design to partner teams and executive management
- Support Lab, Design and Operations teams in the validation and FOA to maximize success during the network rollout phase
- Troubleshoot production issues related to the network provisioning; collect and analyze interface traces
- Support Tier 2 operations teams and resolve network problems by analyzing the requisite protocol traces.
- Work with the Performance and Planning Teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the provisioning nodes and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
- Work with Capacity Planning team on the capacity forecast for the related nodes and plan necessary expansion or optimization to ensure uncompromised provisioning and network performance.
- Willing to learn and experiment with new ideas and solutions with a strong passion for technology
- Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processes
- Understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Work experience with multiple node integration and migration of systems.
- Familiar with database concepts and software development skills
- Familiar with provisioning, queuing mechanisms and related technologies
- Experience with at least one scripting language and familiarity with UNIX systems
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Experience in evaluating answers from vendors and guiding the roadmap for the platforms
- Experience in working with cross functional teams especially Business and EIT teams
- Ability to perform duties off hours when required
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual who can provide technical leadership
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Strong negotiation skills
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.