Engineer, Technical SupportAPPLY NOW
The Engineer position for Unified Communications (UC) Operations works in a complex, multi-vendor environment supporting and maintaining UC Call Center call routing infrastructure availability through monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of outages.
As an Engineer, this position will include trouble ticket resolution, reporting and analysis of the call routing environment and help ensure the Operations team is ready to support new features and technologies.
This position requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, and results focus.
- Provide technical support for Unified Communications platforms and services
- Improve system stability, availability, performance, and reliability by monitoring and resolving issues
- Communicate outage status to leadership
- Determine and assist in communication of root cause of all reported outages/defects to Incident Management teams and Senior Leadership
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation, supporting all applications within the Unified Communications Operations environment
- Maintain service levels for incident resolution
- Maintain and expand current knowledge of existing technology trends and enhancements
- Proactively work towards resolution of incidents across cross-functional groups
- Partner with Unified Communications Design team to transition new systems and applications into the production environment
- Develop and maintain reports used to analyze system performance and utilization
- Feasibility Analysis: Provide technical analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements
- Assist in evaluating trends in system performance to determine change requirements
- Help maintain accurate system and environment documentation
- Minimum 1-3 years work or combined educational and work experience with supporting Call/Contact Center and telecommunications solutions.
- The candidate will have practiced knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Avaya Communication Manager (Including logic for routing calls to contact centers and Advocate)
- Cisco Intelligent Contact Manager
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP)
- Aspect eWFM
- Verint Impact360
- Experience gathering data from a variety of different sources including Avaya CMS and SQL· Using analysis of data to provide recommendations for systems and call routing solutions
- Proven ability to perform operational duties in complex, multi-vendor IT environment
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus and strong partnerships across teams
- Solid decision making skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to explain technical functionality to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to document and articulate technical strategies
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate vendor presentations and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to team members and other work groups
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and present status reports and trending
- Ability to creatively use Unified Communication systems and applications to create solutions that meet or exceed business objectives
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.