Principal Engineer, Entp Info SecurityAPPLY NOW
Principal Engineer, Entp Info Security
· Collaborate with Engineering & Operations Teams to address security vulnerabilities found via PSIRTs, scans or breaches.
· Participate and partner with Vendor on Certificate Management and procedural improvement.
· Collaborate with Internal and External auditors during the periodic PCI/Finance audits.
· Optimizes cross-functional partnership to successfully address customer requirements. Leads / organizes large scale analysis efforts spanning multiple departments. Uses internal and external data resources to make strategic business decisions and persuade others. Collaborates and builds long-term relationships with key stakeholders. Anticipates likely stakeholder responses to specific recommendations and is able to address accordingly
· Lead information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts.
· Proactively identify process or technology improvements within existing legacy applications or infrastructure and seeks out remediation.
· Investigates and/or leads identifying security needs & recommends plans/resolutions. Implements, tests & monitors info security improvements.
· Proactively identifies areas that need to be developed and seeks out expertise in those areas. Keeps abreast of current developments and trends and is able to use this knowledge to create a business case to address major issues and create specific action plans to address the gaps that the team controls. Plays a leadership role in the execution of that action plan.
· Lead security projects driven by groups both internal and external to info security.
· Mentor peers and junior team members in security technologies, enterprise solution design
· Minimum 10 years total experience with increasing responsibility with security related software and/or lifecycle process design.
· Minimum 6 years experience with the following: project/team lead, facilitation of cross-functional solution design teams.
· Subject matter expert in multiple facets of network & information security, including Firewall policy design, SSL Certificate management, vulnerability analysis & mitigation, and other topics as assigned.
· Experience with incident handling for Security breaches.
· General scripting knowledge to automate processes.
· Advanced understanding of IP/Security solutions & technologies applicable to the Wireless Network Architecture.
· Strong, demonstrated verbal and communication skills with diverse cross functional groups Ability to present advanced concepts to leadership, peers, and others in subordinate roles.
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently, as well as delegate and track progress within the team, all within the time frame established.
· Ability to create technical specification and requirements and work independently and with no direction/supervision. Able to quickly adapt to new or evolving technologies related to new product & services requiring validation or research.
· Self motivated and able to work under tight timelines.
· Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of info security.
· In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments. Author white papers and presents at industry conferences. Able to drive industry standards and socialize internally and externally.
· Experience with high level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services and SOA.
· Solid understanding of T-Mobile’s network elements and how they work together (EIT, Engineering & 3rd Party).
· Previous leadership experience, a plus.
· Knowledge of federal & compliance regulations e.g. SOX, PCI & CPNI
- Understanding load balancers (ex – A10, F5), firewalls (ex – CheckPoint), Venafi
- Scripting tools (Python/Perl/Shell/HTML/PHP)
- CISSP or CIH
· Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Information Technology
· 4 years of college courses in Information Technology, Certifications combined with relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements
License or Certification
CISSP and/or CISA/CISM certification a plus
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.