Principal Developer, IT DevOpsAPPLY NOW
Principal Developer, IT DevOpsDesigns and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Developer leads complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Associate Developer or Developer level, and will work under the guidance of a Sr. DevOps Manager on complex projects.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and software source code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Agile Software Development Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Develop, collect and report metrics that show, measure, and track the team's progress, delivered value and effectiveness.
- Oversee day to day task progress, reporting status of work performed by the team and resolve issues or obstacles preventing progress.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Apply demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage multiple projects.
- Apply experience on projects impacting multiple teams by providing leadership and mentorship to other team members demonstrating testing best practices and expertise of the T-Mobile IT ecosystem.
- Minimum 10 years application development experience.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience using three or more development languages or tools in the area of Enterprise Integration/Development, API development including SOAP & REST service, and Java/J2EE applications using Spring
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing solutions that leverage SQL databases.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with both application feature development and a demonstrable understanding of the operational management aspects of running and maintaining an application
- Have been a software development lead involved in the design and development of enterprise scale applications
- Experience working with both new application development and existing application enhancement work
- Experience with “cloud ready” application development
- Experience working in different software development methodologies
- Experience with Java, C++, Python, PHP, Jinja, Puppet and object oriented design
- Experience working in an application technical support/operational role a plus
- Hands on Jenkins experience
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as various SCM platforms, Artifactory, Puppet, Ansible, or similar toolsets
- Service Virtualization experience
- Hands on Docker container and Pivotal, Cloud Foundry experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and convey ideas, concepts and concerns.
- B.S. Computer Science required/ Masters preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.