Sr DevOps EngineerAPPLY NOW
Sr DevOps Engineer
The Sr DevOps Engineer plays a key role in leading the transformation to DevOps and Continuous Delivery across EIT. This position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles, such as systems configuration management, and systems related software development. We are specifically seeking individuals with a passion for excellence in execution and engineering capability and are constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, work well with other team members, and represent DevOps’ core values across the organization.
- Serve as the technical expert in multiple areas
- Lead larger, more complex projects with significant customer impact
- Sets Performance Direction: Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete goals, aligns appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Participate in EIT Project Assessment process
- Develop innovative technology solutions and ensure solutions are consistent with the IT Transformation Quarterly Operations Plans
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work with the process and application teams to identify and close the gaps concerning IT-Quality issues as well as provides metrics for monitoring purposes and measures of success.
- Manages the team in delivering services to achieve and sustain quality and delivery goals.
- Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on artifacts created by the tests and EIT delivery teams, business tests and vendors/service providers as part of the SDLC.
- Initiates and implements best practices to improve the delivery process, procedures and tools utilized across EIT.
- Provides status reporting to Leadership, EIT Partners and Executives.
- Contributes to organization’s body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring and optimization.
- Manages the investment of test automation across the program portfolio to achieve organizational goals.
- Translates application domain area expertise into precise test strategy.
- Manages Accountability: Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively to both vendor and direct test labor.
- Technical testing expertise to include continuous integration (CI) and continuous testing (CT) and big data reporting competencies. Deliver effective presentations to small groups and/or executive leaders
- Solicit communications feedback from cross-functional resources, and proposed methods to act upon opportunities and/or develop appropriate response
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions.
- Stay educated on emerging technologies
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.