Principal Analyst, Business SystemsAPPLY NOW
This role is expected to lead and develop system requirements that drive advanced statistical analysis and high-volume, large impact operation and financial reporting. The individual must be able to quickly establish subject matter expertise in T-Mobile marketing and product data, including equipment financing, handset insurance, JUMP!, and refurbished device businesses, and then translate business needs into an appropriate system design. This individual must be able to engage senior IT solution architects, IT leadership team, and business leadership team to resolve any design conflicts, drive through solutions and recommend best path to move forward. He/she must be able to engage business intelligence unit to ensure data design, inclusive of necessary data elements, must meet business reporting, analytics and forecasting needs. This individual must be able to identify and resolve gaps in system functionality that will cause significant business impact.
- Lead requirement discussions to distill the initial business request into requirements which enable reporting and analytics around new business initiatives and that provide visibility to complex program levers which directly impact product profitability.
- Lead design discussions to evaluate and refine data infrastructure solutions, in order to gauge their feasibility, reusability across different user groups, and flexibility for expected enhancements.
- Lead initiatives to implement prototypes of new data structures to provide additional functionality, efficiencies, or usability which improve the data environment for reporting, analytics, statistical analysis, forecasting, and business case development.
- Conceptualize, propose, design, build, and deliver read-outs on initiatives.
- Identify and communicate key insights to executive leadership team based on data and analysis.
- Design and recommend the optimal and strategically viable system solutions that will deliver to business needs, including operational, analytical, and reporting functions.
- Provide leadership in cross-functional collaborations on both technical and business fronts.
- Provide insight on requirements and perform User Acceptance Testing and business validation on enterprise-wide projects.
- Prepare data to enable operations and correction of operational issues (e.g., notifications, fee credits, commissioning adjustments).
- Perform complex data analysis and financial modeling to support business case development.
- Prepare data in support of analytics, and assist with delivery of comprehensive analytics projects such as fraud analysis, seasonality, and churn behavior.
- Evaluate software tools which may be helpful in the visualization, monitoring, or management of data.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or applicable field
- Minimum 10+ years of applicable experience
- Requirements elicitation experience with reporting, analytics, and business case capabilities
- Data modeling experience in business intelligence / data warehousing
- Able to write complex SQL using a variety of user interfaces (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant) with an eye toward performance and annotation
- Conceptualize and design new reporting / analytics / visualization functionality, with a focus on consistency and usability across a range of user groups
- Data sleuth (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determine data reasonableness based on business insight)
- Strong business acumen and sufficient Financial Accounting knowledge to be able to understand impact on P&L from reporting
- Able to combine data across platforms
- Able to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis
- Consistently delivers high quality timely work resulting in highly satisfied customers
- Able to direct, coach, and influence employees without a direct reporting relationship
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter with strong passion for success
- Highly adaptive to a fast-moving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present concise analytical results to executives in verbal, written, and/or visual form, with supporting details
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work
- Track record of personal initiative and ability to drive change
- Strengths in building large networks of internal contacts and leveraging positive working relationships to achieve business goals
- Ability to direct, coach and influence employees without a direct reporting relationship
- Strong leadership and employee development skills
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.