Senior Director, Real Estate LawAPPLY NOW
The Senior Director, Real Estate Law is a critical member of T-Mobile’s legal department, providing strategic leadership, legal advice, direction and support to the business units that build and improve the T-Mobile network and manage the company’s retail stores and other real estate nationwide. Working closely with leaders within the Legal Department, the Senior Director, Real Estate Law will support Senior leadership across Commercial Real Estate, Retail Development, and both National and Field Engineering teams to develop and drive the strategic vision for business critical initiatives while driving innovation to further advance the goals of the organization.
With a bold and disruptive mindset, the Senior Director will lead and manage a team of approximately 25 legal professionals across the U.S. balancing national policies with local market alignment as it relates to the regulatory landscape, continually reallocating resources necessary to meet changing business needs, operational strategies and T-Mobile’s growth plan and trajectory. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying opportunities for innovation in order to ensure T-Mobile success in an increasingly competitive and fast moving industry landscape.
- Cradle-to-grave real estate legal support of business teams responsible for retail, office/admin, critical environment, and call center portfolios, including: leases and contracts for all commercial properties, facilities management, design and construction agreements, dispute resolution, site legal compliance, purchasing contracts, real estate vendor management, and environmental matters.
- Responsibility for all legal work associated with our nationwide portfolio of approximately 60,000 cell sites including monopole, tower, rooftop and Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) sites, as well as tower sales, site leases, amendments and related transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating teaming agreements, public venue agreements, network modernization and deployment of new spectrum.
- Management and resolution of landlord, construction and maintenance disputes as well as take-down of antenna facilities and local zoning and permitting issues.
- Establishing nationwide policies in relation to site development activities while supporting governmental inquiries relating to network performance (e.g., FCC, CA Public Utilities Commission).
- Team with executives leading the engineering department to foster innovative new approaches to siting
- Successfully, lead, manage staff as well as work closely with senior Legal department leadership on advancing and developing the legal team within the organization.
- U.S. Law Degree, and an active member of the state bar in good standing.
- At least fifteen years’ experience working in-house supporting Commercial Real Estate or Network Engineering and/or relevant law firm experience in such sectors.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial real estate and network engineering transactions as well as proven experience in management and resolution of highly complex leasing, vendor and construction disputes.
- Strong understanding of commercial real estate law including zoning, permitting and environmental subject matter expertise.
- Outstanding legal judgement, drafting, communication and negotiation skills.
- Previous management experience, leading large teams is required.
- Ability to set and develop a strategic vision and proactively partner with key business leaders to align legal strategy with the business goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills with the ability to lead high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and advance practical solutions.
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills, excellent business judgment and a proven ability to excel working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and has the aptitude for and strong motivation to obtain a deep and broad knowledge of the wireless industry.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen.
- Excellent problem solving, business communication, organizational influence skills, and experience working in cross-functional teams.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.