Senior Director, Business Intelligence DevelopmentAPPLY NOW
The Senior Director, Business Intelligence Development will partner with Senior Business and EIT leaders and numerous other functions to drive the creation, endorsement, and delivery of business intelligence solutions which guide T-Mobile through the acquisition and implementation of enabling technology within a cohesive ecosystem, creating efficient and innovative platforms for internal and external customers.
The Senior Director, Business Intelligence Development is responsible for establishing and defining the technology strategy and capabilities with respect to business critical data and information across T-Mobile, MetroPCS and partnership brands. The Senior
Director will drive the transformation of both the delivery methodology and business intelligence platforms with respect to performance, quality, availability and information security, while shifting the emphasis towards a solution which focuses on
analytics and insights to address future Un-carrier initiatives. This inspirational leader will ignite an internal team transformation focused on delivering new and innovative technology solutions to support the broader data goals of the business and T-Mobile. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying talent and opportunities for innovation in order to ensure T-Mobile success in an increasingly competitive and fast moving industry landscape.
- Define and develop the strategy for new platform development while executing along a variety of SDLC methods, with emphasis on moving the organization towards an Agile methodology.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the strategic direction, lifecycle planning and alignment with the capabilities roadmap for all aspects of data management.
- Understand, consult and translate business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
- Build and lead a team transformation of 50 full time employees and up to 400 contractor resources with significant focus on reducing the reliance and dependency of external resources.
- Consult with the Business Intelligence Steering Committee and primary business stakeholders to evangelize and align the business intelligence strategy across all functions and levels within the organization.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Develop and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented engineering and operations organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Deep experience in leading software development, large scale implementation and operational responsibility of business intelligence platforms, decision support systems and reporting tools.
- Possess a thorough understanding of business intelligence solutions design and delivery including big data platforms and information management strategies in a large, complex organization.
- Deep technical understanding of data warehouse and big data design principles, data quality, cloud architecture, data as a service, data security and integration best practices.
- Deep experience and proven success and flexibility in combining/ crossing delivery life cycles using both waterfall and agile methodologies as well as extensive experience with enterprise level data architecture, modelling and data security.
- Ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology required; Master’s Degree in Technology or MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle or similar is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
- Thinks conceptually and acts tactically to realize vision by phases.
- Strategically minded, contributing to the development of a coherent and comprehensive strategic vision.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Operates in a challenging delivery environment with the ability to drive order and structure.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment focused on delivering results.
- Evaluates talent and drives organizational maturity to achieve delivery goals.
- Accountable for metric- based solutions and outcomes.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and giving effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.