Principal Developer, IT QAAPPLY NOW
This position represents an employee who is both deep in test automation and has managed test projects. Position requires knowledge and expertise to bridge gap between development and project management, while setting the direction for automated testers and software development engineers in test.
- Serve as single testing point of contact for projects, products and programs being implemented.
- Provides test status reporting
- Lead larger, more complex projects with significant customer impact
- Assess projects/programs and create test approach. Articulate approach and present to senior managers and directors within the organization
- Interact with release delivery when assessing projects
- Manages the team in delivering services to achieve and sustain quality and delivery goals.
- Define automation scope and aid in automation of test cases
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and software source code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Initiates and implements best practices to improve the delivery process, procedures and tools utilized across EIT.
- Manages the investment of test automation across the program portfolio to achieve organizational goals.
- Translates application domain area expertise into precise test strategy.
- Technical testing expertise to include continuous integration (CI) and continuous testing (CT) and big data reporting competencies. Deliver effective presentations to small groups and/or executive leaders
- Develop innovative Quality Assurance solutions and ensure solutions are consistent with the Enterprise Quality Management’s Quarterly Operations Plans
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work with the process and application teams to identify and close the gaps concerning IT-Quality issues as well as provides metrics for monitoring purposes and measures of success.
- Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on artifacts created by the tests and EIT delivery teams, business tests and vendors/service providers as part of the SDLC.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in managing large complex business systems in enterprise testing domain. Experience in the management of significant Information Technology projects is essential.
- Ability to attain results, convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure. Persists despite obstacles and opposition, sets high standards of performance and pursues challenging goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics.
- Focuses on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behavior.
- Proven experience in managing large team of technology professionals.
- 6 + years of Coding experience in Selenium and/or Java and XML
- 3 + years of experience in test and configuration management automation
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing solutions that leverage SQL databases.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Experience in leading test automation initiatives
- Good knowledge of industry best test practice
- Experience in Continuous integration (CI), Continuous test (CT), Continuous delivery (CD) model, Agile and DevOps.
- Good understand of Performance Testing and Engineering
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed teams.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.