Sr Architect, EnterpriseAPPLY NOW
As a Sr. Hadoop Architect, you will Architect, Design, and Build Enterprise class Big Data solutions. This position will work very closely with Leadership, Development team members and Data Scientists to build out and execute BI Big Data Strategy. Additionally, you will evangelize the Big Data solution use cases and platform using Hadoop ecosystem and frameworks. The Sr. Architect works cross-functionally to understand the linkage between T-Mobile’s business goals, business architectures, and technology architectures – and strive to further T-Mobile’s business goals via organic or inorganic evolution of T-Mobile’s architectures.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Require competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, effective communication, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Architect, Evangelize, Design and build enterprise class Big Data platform using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Design and Build reusable frameworks to help development teams.
- Conduct industry research & identify trends for setting up vision for Hadoop Platform
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Develop Proof of concepts and prototypes to help illustrate technology and business solutions.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality and process flows.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including infrastructure, security, and production support.
- Hands-on architect role experience leading designs for large and complex BI projects.
- Have in-depth knowledge of both Big Data architecture and Data Analytics (Data Science)
- 8+ years or multiple major BI solution implementations across full SDLC. Experience designing/building Big Data architectures for full end to end solutions.
- Minimum 6+ Years of experience on Hadoop Platform Architecture & Design.
- Minimum 3+ years Administration experience on Hadoop platform including PIG, Hive, Sqoop, HBase, Flume, Spark and related tools.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience on Linux based OS administration.
- Deep understanding of large data warehouse architectures, cluster and parallel processing architectures platforms.
- Expert at creating architectural design drawings, topologies in multiple media – such as Visio, Power Point and other visual communication methods.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with leadership/business to translate Big Data to insights & recommendation.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution;
- Can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Self-Starter, ability to own, manage and drive initiatives.
- Minimum 6+ years professional architecting and designing solutions using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Minimum 5+ years of building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume etc.
- 5+ years of coding Java MapReduce, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, Hive etc.
- Minimum 2 year experience in implementing relational data models
- Minimum 2 year experience in traditional ETL tools & RDBMS
- Experience in cloud based Big Data platforms like AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight etc.
- Minimum of 4+ years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Basic understanding of Information security standards, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure and Network concepts.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Hadoop preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.