Sr Engineer, Ent Information SecurityAPPLY NOW
Today’s Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) provides a secure design consultation and review for all projects and products within the company. The CSE is both a trusted advisor and advocate for protecting T-Mobile assets. This is done through an active security policy, a simple engagement model, and people empowered to make a difference. Are you ready to join the Uncarrier as we redefine the rules of wireless?
SECURITY DESIGN ASSESSOR SKILLS
- Act as a trusted technical security advisor to all levels of the organization for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- Ability to assess risks and provide innovative countermeasures and solutions that appropriately balance security and business objectives
- Experience controlling the threat surface area, identifying attack vectors, vulnerabilities and establishing appropriate controls. Can build a threat model for the systems in focus.
- Evaluation & assessment of compliance to a regulation, law or policy using industry standard methodologies (NIST, PCI, CPNI, SOX, etc.) in an enterprise environment
INTERNAL TOOL SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, recommending, and implementing commercial hardware and software security products to augment and enhance the Company enterprise security program
- Ability to learn a new technology and drive it from ideation through deployment and integration to fully automated and operationalized
- Ability to automate basic integration, data collection, scripting and reporting tasks via secure coding standards
- Experience in implementing or operating two or more security related technologies: Application Security Scanners, Certificate Management, Remote Connection, Network Protection, Data Loss Prevention, File Integrity Monitoring, Security Auditing & Logging, and Vulnerability Management
- Experience supporting network, operating system, database, application or data layers across multiple platforms and technologies
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, communicate delivery expectations, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with business and technology teams to influence and educate for sound security structure and repeatable processes
- Innovate and solve problems independently, find the best solution and present that to your partners
- Know your limits and use resources and the team to improve solutions presented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 7+ years of IT infrastructure proficiency and experience that could include one or more years of experience in: Encryption, Tokenization, Forensics/eDiscovery, Penetration Testing, Firewalls (static, WAF), Proxies, Gateways, Routers, VPN, Application Security SAST/DAST, cloud (XaaS), database, big data, telecom, mobile network, etc.
- 5+ years information security experience preferred
- Proven ability to assess, influence, recommend, deploy and integrate Information Security solutions
- Foundational understanding of several enterprise environment technologies, security domains, or telecommunications infrastructure and architecture
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, CPNI, etc
- CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPP, and a computer science background preferred
- Available for work in Bellevue, WA (Factoria)
- CISSP Certification (active or former) or related experience.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar work experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.