Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture, Enterprise Service AssuranceAPPLY NOW
The Principle Engineer plays a key role in the Enterprise Performance Assurance Team (Aka monitoring) and should be an application monitoring expert with proven End-2-End Real User Monitoring experience. The PE will need to have a keen sense of Business and deep technical knowledge to lead the design and build and operations of state-of-the-art Application, Service and End-User monitoring solutions. This position is expected to present technical material to various audiences, ranging from upper management to industry novices. This individual will work independently and will mentor junior members of the team. In addition to being able to deep-dive, the candidate is also required to use his/her inter-personal skills to bring together diverse teams to design solutions and execute, yet keep long term goals in mind. The ability to simplify, yet think big is a highly sought after skill.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Solution design and architecture. Work will include designing and deploying monitoring, alarming and reporting against business services, applications and the supporting network and server infrastructure, modifying existing monitoring and alarming implementations, as well as supporting, maintaining and patching the monitoring environment.
- System Design: Provide design documents for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development leads
- Roadmap/Vendor Management: Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements. Create RFI/RFP/RFQs for new technology, evaluate responses, and obtain inputs from cross-functional teams, make, and present recommendations to peers and management team. Stay abreast of industry best practices and techniques through research and analysis and incorporate into internal plans.
- Technical Leadership: Serve as technical expert in several areas. Document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers/presentations. Coach and develop T-Mobile leadership and cross-functional teams on monitoring and service assurance technology decisions. Create and deliver technical training. As these are complex issues, strong analysis skills are required along with an ability to develop methods and evaluation criteria.
- Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of IT systems, Application, services and End-User, performance monitoring concepts.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and DevOps methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work customers to define metrics for monitoring purposes and measures of success.
- Ability to execute: Translate broad initiatives into clear objectives and concrete goals, aligns appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Able to develop, articulate, and influence technical strategies and policies
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to build consensus across diverse teams
- 8-10+ years of IT/Technology experience
- Experience developing with PERL, C++, Java or equivalent programing language
- Experience with the DevOps of nTier Applications
- Experience with T-Mobile Application performance monitoring tools: Extrahop, APM, AppDynamics, or similar.
- Formal Research and publication
- Technical product management
- Application or DB development
- Experience with Browser and Mobile RUM
- Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop, Splunk, Mongo
- BS Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- In lieu of degree, experience within industry may be considered
Internal contacts are typically with others at the same level and those at higher levels. Will be influencing/driving the development and adoption of Engineering System strategy & design. This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.). Some travel required.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.