Principal Developer, Product Realization-SAPPLY NOW
Principal Developer, Product Realization
- Join a dedicated group of industry innovators and trail blaze your own development path
- Enjoy flexitime and schedule your workday around your personal and business needs
- Have fun in an environment that believes change is a positive constant
- Change how people interact with technology by bringing your ideas to fruition
- Share your knowledge and skills and educate your peers
- Take pride in knowing working for the Server and Middleware team you make a difference in every piece of code delivered!
- Provide operational oversight to a high-performance, cloud-native distributed application, ensuring that the design meets the stringent performance and security requirements.
- Serve as black-belt immutable infrastructure ninja in AWS — multiple releases per day, complete automation using CloudFormation and Chef, rolling upgrades and canary deploys
- Will monitor, maintain, evolve and cajole Marathon/Mesos/Docker infrastructure
- Champion performance, security and cost-reduction measures, providing hands-on engineering and feedback to application teams to meet an extremely high quality bar
- x509 wrangling, carrier-grade key management, network troubleshooting and open ssl hijinks will be a daily fact of life.
- Must be able to lead the charge in transaction tracing, telemetry (Graphite/Grafana) and alerting techniques to provide visibility into component performance and quickly identify problem areas
- Mentor junior staff, and evangelize emerging trends back into the rest of the Enterprise.
5+ years’ experience in product management, ideally within mobile
You think big: identify big disruption opportunities and come up with plans to go at them
You prioritize: balance quick wins against long play investments on how to grow the business value of the program
You execute: ready to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship on time with quality
You can communicate: fluently translate technical concepts to non-technical people and concretely articulate fluffy marketing concepts to technical people
You report impact: know what to watch, how to measure it and can forecast improvements to a business case
You collaborate: lead cross-functional team discussions, brainstorm and validate new ideas with others
You learn: you keep a finger on the pulse of mobile’s non-stop upgrade cycle and want to develop and grow what you know
You sweat details: your personal work standard and attention to details are excellent
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What makes you stand out from the pack:
You strive to deliver constant value to the customer and the business.
You have experience with technical support and customer care
You are familiar with the technical details of software development.
You are familiar with general concepts in machine learning.
You have experience with general best practices for data intelligence systems.
You know how to keep large data systems healthy, happy, and growing.
You have experience with cloud infrastructure.
You have experience with general NoSQL concepts.
5+ years with Linux system administration
Must have working knowledge of Java deployments (JVM tuning, standard logging practices with Java, keystore/truststore creation/debugging)
Practical background and working knowledge of security and networking, including TLS/HTTPS, symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms, message authentication techniques, x509 certificates (and chains, trusted CAs, etc.), key management techniques, etc.
Must take ownership of issues and be able to drive to completion with little oversight and under pressure. You will own it.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.