Developer, SoftwareAPPLY NOW
Design and develop internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence data warehouse systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Developer leads moderately complex projects, often mentoring and providing guidance to team members at an Associate Developer level, and work under the guidance of a Principal Developer on complex projects.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Require competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, effective communication, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Complete proofs of concept projects for introduction of changes to systems architecture, and provide technical leadership to peer team members.
- Minimum 5 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 3 years development experience on Hadoop platform including PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Hbase, Flume and related tools.
- Minimum 3 year of coding Java MapReduce, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL
- Experience in Big Data ETL Hadoop Stack
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on RDBMS Teradata version 14 or 15.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Hadoop.)
- Minimum 1 year of Building Java apps -
- Minimum 1 year of building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume etc.
- Minimum 3 year implementing relational data models
- Minimum 3 year understanding of traditional ETL tools & RDBMS
- Minimum 1 year of experience Developing REST web services
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Teradata, Teradata SQL or Hadoop preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.