Sr Accountant - Handset Financing AccountingAPPLY NOW
Sr Accountant - Handset Finance Accounting
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
The Senior Accountant (Handset Financing) is responsible for ensuring that the Handset Financing activities are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Exercise accuracy and employ reconciling techniques to tie out numbers from different sources; periodically test reports.
- Be a leader and resource for lower-level accountants on the team. Review work and provide advice, guidance, and training. Leverage other team members’ skills and expertise to enhance the team’s effectiveness.
- Lead productive meetings with team and business partners.
- Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and communicate the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.
- Responsible for recording journal entries, reconciling complex ledger accounts and identifying opportunities for improvement to processes and internal controls into the accounting processes.
- Design & produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances.
- Produce accurate and timely ad-hoc reporting from multiple data sources to perform analysis.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus.
- Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope.
- Apply financial analysis techniques to complex problems.
- High proficiency in Excel and Word required. BW, Business Objects or SQL experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable expressing concerns and ideas during interactions and meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience or 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Public accounting and/or retail or financial services industry accounting experience preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.