Principal Software Development Engineer, BI SecurityAPPLY NOW
Would you like to be on the cutting edge of a brand new team building the next generation data systems, able to answer questions that drive a $38B company in seconds? The T-Mobile BI Platform and Architecture Data Security team is part of a new team building a next-generation data system designed to quickly and securely answer T-Mobile’s business questions, delivering new insights to every facet of T-Mobile’s business—from network engineering and customer care to new products and marketing.
We are recruiting a Principal Software Development Engineer (Principal SDE) in BI Data Security, to help lead the architecture, development, and execution of secure solutions for our BI development team in Bellevue, WA. As a Principal SDE, you will help us deliver the next generation of secure BI architecture and data access. You will create software and features that power T-Mobile’s next-generation BI system, which not only drives the experience for over 60 million customers, but also powers the growth of new customers to the company. Key functionalities such as secure data acquisition from source, both on-prem and cloud, in terabytes per day, end-to-end data security, and data distribution to both on-prem and cloud, fall within your purview. This role will leverage cloud-based, open-source, and vendor-provided software and tools. There is an opportunity to contribute to OSS code bases.
- You relentlessly focus on delivering value to our customers by inventing when necessary and simplifying when possible.
- You think big. You are a leader for your team, and you are adept at looking around corners for ways to serve customers. You can architect as well as develop, and enjoy doing both.
- You are able to take complex problems and distill them to simple solutions, while maintaining the ability to build for the long term.
- You deep dive into problems and work to challenge designs in order to ensure you create durable and scalable solutions.
- You deliver results and embrace setting a rapid pace for your team to work toward while knowing when to have to fun and celebrate the victory.
- You enjoy developing others. Celebrate winning as a team and cultivate a culture where people are encouraged to challenge each other, but commit wholly to getting the job done right.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Design, built, deliver, and maintain around an ecosystem of BI services.
- Own the delivery of an entire system and serve as a technical lead on midsize to large, complex projects.
- Be a leader in developing the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Design and implement integrations with other T-Mobile systems and components.
- Participate in recruiting efforts, evaluate technical skills in a candidate, continually raises the bar on new talent.
Looking for the opportunity to join a great team with opportunity to lead by example and mentor more junior engineers? If so, we would love to talk to you.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Security fundamentals, security and encryption methodologies, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills in at least one modern programming language, such as: Java, C++, or Ruby. Fluency in corresponding unit testing.
- Experience setting the technical direction for a team and leading them there.
- Experience building scalable and high-performance systems and/or web applications in a multi-tiered and distributed environment.
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through the production launch and beyond.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer focus, urgency, and drive.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Knowledge of mobile application development environments.
- Experience with cloud Web Services such as AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and application integration patterns.
- Experience implementing security solutions (BI level preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.