Sr Director, Media RelationsAPPLY NOW
Crisis / Reputation
- Lead the development and implementation of communications messages in response to issues or crisis management to enhance and protect relationships with stakeholders, customers and the general public. This includes issues related to HR/Labor, Legal/NAD, company website, and privacy and security.
- Seek out and obtain knowledge of specific focus areas of the business in order to make messaging recommendations.
- Partner cross functionally to build communication strategies that enhance brand reputation and reinforce service leadership, change management and other key initiatives across critical internal and external stakeholders. This includes proactive and reactive management of the news media.
- Support senior management in navigating crises from a communications perspective.
- Develop and implement corporate media strategy to increase awareness and favorability of T-Mobile in top tier media. Ensure alignment of priorities and messaging.
- Responsible for effective media relations, including as it pertains to top stories, coverage reporting, coverage flagging, quarterly earnings media, and utilization of the Truth Squad.
- Approve communication plans and messaging; edit and distribute communications as needed.
factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 10-15 years in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations at a PR agency and/or in-house communications team.
- Expertise and broad experience in areas such as media, community, and investor in connection with issues management, crisis management, product publicity, and reputation management.
- Experience developing and leading communications strategy for dynamic organizations that have experienced significant change (such as change in response to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of media landscape and thorough knowledge of the needs of different media and communication tools for digital, print and broadcast.
- Possesses strong media relationships, especially within the advertising space. Experience leading communications strategy planning and execution, as well as budgeting, creative solutions and agency management.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis.
- Experienced working with/counseling senior-level leadership, and supporting change management initiatives.
- Strong ability in leading, developing and nurturing a communications department.
- Exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills; a skilled lead spokesperson.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, PR or a related field is required.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident under extreme pressure
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude; does whatever it takes
- Customer focused
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation
- A strategic thinker; able to see how PR/social media impacts the overall business
- Strives to understand the business and its key drivers
- Effectively builds relationships
- A self-starter; takes initiative rather than waiting for direction
- Agile; ready to respond under high stress situations
- Able to build trust and confidently interact with executives, providing forthright guidance and timely advice
- Excellent follow-through skills with a high sense of urgency
- An inspirational leader; has a passion for developing and motivating others
- Results oriented; takes pride in a high quality product
- Strong attention to detail
- Ambitious and driven to succeed
- Idea driven; has a history of anticipating issues; proactive and aggressive
- Takes pride in “putting out fires” and addressing unforeseen issues impacting the organization on a daily basis
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.