Director, Third Party Risk ManagementAPPLY NOW
Director, Third Party Risk Management
- Drive decisions across all business units and functional activities, influencing the positions taken by senior leadership, and the company in general, on third party risk assessment, appetite, remediation, and reporting.
- Provide leadership to the company’s TPRM function, by creating, overseeing, and expanding the implementation of TPRM programs, and promoting a company-wide risk culture amongst senior management, business units, and employees.
- Establish and maintain the governance structure to oversee the TPRM framework, with ongoing communication with executive stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of executive management and Board reporting related to changes in the third party risk profile of the company, including inherent risk conditions, risk management effectiveness, internal controls, emerging risks, and aggregate risk, where applicable.
- Provides recommendations that maximize shareholder value.
- Lead and develop a team of high-performing professionals with enterprise-level responsibilities and visibility.
- Responsible for managing the Third Party Risk Management cost center budget.
- Coordinate and secure co-sourcing and outsourcing support from professional service firms, where applicable.
- Find and develop synergies and development opportunities across multiple governance, risk, and compliance functions, and other internal partner organizations. Use audit and compliance results in various domains of governance, risk, and control, as well as industry standards, guidelines, and practices to continuously refine the TPRM framework, portfolio of risks, plans and activities.
- Ensure effective management of Entity-Level Controls (ELC’s) associated with Third Party Risk Management, in order to maintain the company’s compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Support broader Risk Management initiatives as requested by the VP, Internal Audit & Risk Management.
- 10+ years of progressive and diversified experience with large complex technology, media, telecom, or other business organizations of significant scale.
- Must have at least 7 years of governance, risk management/internal audit, procurement/vendor management, compliance, and/or legal experience.
- 7+ years of experience leading high performing teams; this includes demonstrated ability to hire, manage, and coach/develop employees.
- Proven track record of building out a successful program or function; strong ability to affect and influence change in a dynamic environment
- Experienced leading at the enterprise-wide level; knows how to lead and partner across all functions and at all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and/or demonstrated continuing professional education certifications preferred.
- Strong professional computing skills, including Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional business acumen and clear intellectual curiosity. Ability to identify and diagnose challenges of a diverse quality, and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives.
- Exercises sound business judgment unvarnished by ego or by the momentum of immediate events. Acts effectively and calmly in situations that may lack clarity or structure.
- Excellent communicator and diplomatic negotiator, with an ability to exercise influence across all levels of the organization. Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting issues, observations, and recommendations, including with and to senior executive leadership.
- Executive maturity - can inspire the trust and confidence of Senior Leadership and their respective business units. Consistently demonstrates sound action, behavior, and judgment.
- Powerful and influential leadership skills: ability to develop high-performing teams and maintain highly effective and collaborative relationships with staff members, colleagues, and executives.
- Leads powerfully in navigating change.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate ongoing agility in a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively within T-Mobile culture and organization; create effective strategies for getting the most complex, interdependent projects or programs done across organizational units. Partners effectively up, down, and across to execute on strategic plans.
- Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of information across many disciplines (strategic, technological, financial, legal/regulatory, operational, etc.) and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Provide structure and process around topics that have not been normalized.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas, and integrate and assimilate information of various levels of complexity and relationships across broad, multifunctional content areas. Ability to absorb and analyze business processes throughout the company and consider interaction/dependencies among processes.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.