Director, Business StrategyAPPLY NOW
The Director, Business Strategy will play a key role in developing the strategy for defining and prioritizing device offers to drive new customer acquisition. Own and define the mobile strategy and product roadmap driving subscription growth. Lead a team of segment marketers with end to end accountability for creating compelling offers that meet customer and business needs. Understand and optimize drivers in the marketplace based on consumer demand. Run and operate the device marketing business by developing strategies that will drive customers to T-Mobile.
- Develop strategic plans and priorities for defining device offers and executing successfully on identified opportunities.
- Drive acquisition through innovative device marketing strategies and device prioritization.
- Drive quarterly acquisition number by closely monitoring net new subscriber number while balancing spending with overall EBITDA goal.
- Advise on connected device portfolio including emerging device strategy.
- Drive mobile internet tablet business strategy.
- Analyze acquisition numbers re-prioritizing and enhancing device offers to optimize within the quarter.
- Development of value propositions and offers against customer insights to drive demand and maximize value.
- Heavy cross functional alignment with channel marketing teams, finance, analytics and pricing, and go to market teams to ensure offer performance meets acquisition numbers considering economic impact and business operations.
- Partner with device procurement teams to negotiate with OEM’s on best offer construction.
- Utilize customer data and testing to determine the most efficient use of marketing dollars.
- Anticipate business needs and growth while managing marketing campaigns throughout the lifecycle.
- Prior experience owning and driving a business segment considering cost drivers and tying end results and business goals to overall bottom line results.
- Extensive progressive experience with a proven track record in new customer acquisitions, retention, upsell and customer satisfaction by effectively defining business marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of product offerings and how to set marketing strategies using a customer first approach.
- Strong partner management keeping the goals of the marketing department foremost while managing the goals and business initiatives of ecosystem partners.
- Proven track record of bringing leaders up through the organization through mentorship, coaching, and instilling leadership qualities with the team.
- Ability to anticipate trends in the marketplace, steering the business towards success.
- Deep knowledge in the development and execution of marketing strategies and complex offer construction.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Self-starter with a drive and motivation to succeed in an ever changing highly competitive environment
- Relentlessly dissatisfied with the status quo
- Has diversity of thought and brings new ideas and innovation
- Executive presence and maturity, ability to present ideas and business propositions to senior leadership
- Highly analytical and data driven
- Quick study, ability to evaluate a business and make strategic recommendations and execute.
- Well-rounded leader of high-performing teams - ready to lead, motivate and develop a group of capable individuals, both as direct reports and on a cross-functional team
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.