Manager, Data ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
Manager, Data Architecture
- Lead a team of 15+ FTEs and contracted resources, managing day to day delivery activities in support of prioritized projects
- Drive data architecture and data modeling best practices within the team, ensuring performant, supportable data and reporting deliveries
- Partner with upstream and downstream teams across IT to ensure effective end to end project delivery
- Support roadmapping and visioning efforts related to next generation platforms/practices aligned to data and data management
- Balance project based delivery and timelines with holistic data design/strategy, optimizing data for reuse and delivery efficiency
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data architecture and data modeling delivery, including working knowledge of various data modeling approaches and practices (3NF, Dimensional, etc.)
- Expert knowledge using at least two of these specific RDBMS platforms: SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle.
- Experience with ETL tools to build repeatable ETL processes (ex. Sql Server SSIS/DTS, Informatica PowerCenter, Teradata BTEQ/TPT)
- Ability to create/interpret ERD's, data flow models, and other technical documents. Database modeling skills including hands on familiarity with 3NF, star schema, and multi-dimensional designs.
- Experience in using data modeling tool such as Powerdesigner or Erwin
- Minimum 3 years managing small to medium sized teams, developing team talent and driving team and individual goal setting and tracking
- Strong working knowledge of various SDLC practices in both Waterfall and Agile delivery environments
- Minimum Required: Bachelors Degree in computer or science or management information systems or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.