Principal Engineer, Infrastructure Automation, ServiceNowAPPLY NOW
Principal Engineer Infrastructure Automation – ServiceNow Configuration Management
If you’re an ambitious Systems Engineer with deep scripting experience who thrives on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here!
This is a Principal Administrator position involving management of a highly dynamic environment. Work as a lead in a team in support of operational automation and project related activities. Provide technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
Develop solutions and provide requested enhancements to existing ServiceNow applications
Develop and deliver customized portal web pages in ServiceNow
Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow
Advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow including integrations with Puppet, SCCM and other products
Facilitate and support the rollout of new application and enhancements in ServiceNow
Work with ServiceNow team to configure ServiceNow Discovery and Orchestration based on business needs
Advise functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices.
- Experience as Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Systems Admin/Engineer in operations of a large-scale enterprise
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Expert-level proficiency in automation, expert in making things repeatable and simple
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and learn new concepts quickly
- Expert Linux/Windows system administration and troubleshooting skills
- 3-5 years experience implementing build configuration tools, such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, Ant, Puppet, SCCM and Chef
- Extensive scripting experience: Shell, Python, Perl, PowerShell (10+ years preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Participation in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
- Knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS)
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, Jelly, CSS, PERL scripting, etc.)
- Integration (interfacing) of enterprise software and configuration management systems with ServiceNow
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, SDLC, Knowledge, Release Management, etc.
- Experience working in and managing multiple update sets and coordinating their promotion throughout multiple instances.
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features.
- Must have experience in multiple ServiceNow implementations and have developed custom applications
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including code profiling, regression testing, and continuous integration.
- Working knowledge (experience preferred, not required) of ServiceNow methodologies and modules.
- ITSM/ITIL background
- CMDB functionality/deliverables/management
- ServiceNow modules: Project/Portfolio, CMDB, ITSM, ITAM, Service Catalog, On-Call calendaring, BSM mapping, Knowledgebase, Performance Analytics
- Working experience with either OpenStack, CloudStack, cloud foundry, VMWare vDirector or other cloud management frameworks: deployment, configuration, operations
- Proven competency with most UNIX commands/utilities.
- Knowledge of Linux, especially Red Hat or OEL
- Knowledge of or experience with C programs.
- System installation and configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP and SSO integration
- Familiarity of SaaS ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2k8 R2/2012 R2
- Knowledge of HP Blade systems
- Familiarity with HP and Sun hardware.
- Familiarity with SAN, NAS and other storage technologies.
- Familiarity with EMC and/or HP disk arrays
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.