Director, National Siting AdvocacyAPPLY NOW
The Director, National Siting Advocacy will direct management of National Siting Policies, including proactive management of national messaging, community relations, public relations, and political and community partnerships at the Region and Market level. S/he will lead a nimble team of employees and outsourced resources collaborating cross-functionally with Headquarters/Corporate, Market & Regional leaders and specialist Legal Affairs counsel.
The Director will align T-Mobile Federal Government Affairs, State Legal Affairs, Land Specialist, and Legal teams to development effective communication tools and consistent messaging for the Region and Market leaders. Along with opportune media engagements, s/he will and influence Engineering Development from the market level to the Chief Technology Officer and external City Council and State Regulatory Officials.
- Designs community relations and public affairs programs related to education of the public and media to accomplish successful siting. Leads implementation of National Siting Advocacy strategies at the region and market levels.
- Partners with Legal Affairs compliance counsel on issues and procedures at national, state, regional and local levels for topics such as NEPA, environmental, FAA/AM/EME, right of way agreements, land use rights and zoning regulations.
- Leads a group cross functional team including Legal Affairs, Regional Development, outside legal counsel, Government Affairs and Regional Corporate Counsel on trends, strategy, and resolving site-related issues.
- Coordinates interactions with local elected and appointed officials and lobbies on behalf of the company on key policy initiatives.
- Directs siting media relations, communications and outreach processes in conjunction with National and cross-functional teams as they support site build goals.
- Leverages goal-setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within the workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity, and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Informs Headquarters/Corporate, Market, and Regional leaders about new requirements and regulations of government entities and municipalities.
- Engages public officials including state regulatory officials and representatives through oral and written advocacy on priority issues as identified by T-Mobile Senior leadership.
- Knowledge of FCC proceedings and related policy issues.
- Knowledge of regulatory process as it relates to the wireless industry.
- Developed and managed public relations and corporate communications objectives, with proven leadership and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
- Navigated corporate and governmental environments within a corporate group context.
- Led medium to large-sized teams dispersed in multiple locations.
- Significant experience with media communications and public affairs.
- Substantial experience working for or with a wireless carrier, regulatory/governmental/external affairs consulting firm, a utility, or a municipality, or in a Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Public Policy or related preferred, JD a plus.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Strong business acumen.
- Collaborative, yet influential; a strong negotiator who speaks with conviction while also willing to flex and compromise in order to create the best solution for the needs of the customer and the business.
- Ability to address and realize both long-term and short-term goals and objectives.
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- A visionary who sees the “bigger picture”.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.