Specialist, NOC CommunicationsAPPLY NOW
Specialist, NOC Communications
The role will serve the Technology organization as a Communications Specialist responsible for delivery of outage information for major incidents. A major incident is a significant event involving an IT/network asset, which demands a response beyond the routine, resulting from uncontrolled developments in the course of normal operation or work activity. The Communications Specialist, working in conjunction with Incident Management, will gather, interpret, and produce outage notification messages to the business in a timely manner. The Communications Specialist will also assist in a supportive role, including calls, escalation (both technical and hierarchical), and other tasks to drive incidents towards resolution. The successful candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure while managing numerous competing priorities. They will be extremely customer focused while ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all communications and reports. Very strong written and oral communication skills and experience working within business critical environments are essential.
- Creates Customer Impact Messages describing service impacts for Customer Care and T-Mobile business stakeholders.
- Supports inner-NOC and business partner communication delivery processes.
- Works with Emergency Management in support of Incident Control Team procedures for Disaster Recovery.
- Ensures regulatory compliance is met for qualifying outages, filing appropriate FCC notifications and PSAP notifications when warranted.
- Works as part of cross-functional team to conduct service level remote surveillance of performance dashboards, network weather maps, and social media feeds in order to detect and correlate emerging service issues.
- Works with network, enterprise, and customer facing teams to detect, coordinate, and respond to emerging service impacting issues that require outage notification.
- As part of Operations Support, will answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain greater working knowledge of Technology network topology, services, and processes.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate reports and presentations as needed; leveraging ITSM Tooling, BI reporting and MS Office products
- Assist in identification of problems and known errors
- Takes initiative to support manager with maintenance tasks, organizational support, and special projects to improve internal functioning of team
- Assist in the creation of new training and knowledge transfer materials
- Anticipate and champion needed communication to team, SME’s, user community and partners
- Escalate issues timely, objectively and with sensitivity to team dynamics
- Demonstrate concise verbal and written communication that is targeted and appropriate to the needs of the audience
- Develop collaborative working relationships with individual contributors (SME’s and partners) in assigned domain.
- Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation
- Grow breadth and depth of knowledge of T-Mobile businesses, processes, and technologies
- Intermediate level knowledge of telecommunications networks
- Basic concepts of IP Networking and IT Networks
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to recognize and record key data in the midst of competing conversations
- Ability to correlate causal effects from different information sources
- Great multitasking skills in fast paced environment, with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Great communications skills, oral and written. Emphasis on delivery of quality written messages which are grammatically & syntactically accurate with coherent content
- Ability to convey complex technical issues in layman’s terms
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment; Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required
- Associates Degree, strong communications/comprehension required
- Technical writing or commensurate training
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.