Cybersecurity Co-Op ProgramAPPLY NOW
Technology is the backbone of T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best, with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
Do you want to bring your new ideas and perspectives to the workplace and gain real-world experience while in school? If so, our Cybersecurity Co-Op is for you!
The Cybersecurity Co-Op is part time program (15 to 20 hours a week) for University of Washington, Bothell students currently enrolled in their senior year of a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering, other Technology related fields or Business and Interdisciplinary Studies . The program runs for eight months, December through July and you’ll have the opportunity to rotate to different teams gaining exposure to various parts of the Cybersecurity organization—all while in school.
As a participant in our program you’ll work on a team that plans, coordinates and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. You will be involved in creating and maintaining different solutions and solving problems all while continually learning and gaining experience. We’re looking for candidates who are innovative, customer-focused and interested in becoming a part of the Un-carrier revolution.
- Apply your knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards
- Participate in creating, developing and managing high-level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services; understanding of software-oriented architecture (SOA) and encryption, obfuscation, and tokenization technologies
- Engage as part of a team that provides security, compliance, and risk assessments on projects throughout their lifecycle, using varying SDLC methodologies
- Support information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts
- Investigate and identify security needs and recommend plans/resolutions; implement, test and monitor information security improvements
- Develop visibility inside and outside of info security, interfacing with groups such as billing ops, application support, engineering ops, finance, legal, privacy, risk management, etc.
- Support info security policy throughout lifecycle, including intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance
- Participate in security projects driven by groups both internal and external to information security
- Currently enrolled and completing senior year in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering or other Technology related fields including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology or Business and Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework).
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile’s offices in Bellevue, Bothell or Snoqualmie, WA.
- Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.