Principal Siting Advocacy Manager (National Government Relations)APPLY NOW
Principal Siting Advocacy Manager (National Government Relations)
Position can be located in any US city near a T-Mobile Office.
- Engages in strategic planning of siting policies and programs. Designs community relations and public affairs programs related to education of the public and media to accomplish successful siting. Implements National Siting Advocacy strategies at the region and market levels and provides feedback to the national team
- Provides guidance to Markets and Regions on participation in strategic local government, community, and business opportunities to increase community and local government support for T-Mobile’s efforts to improve network coverage.
- Creates communications and outreach processes in conjunction with National and cross-functional teams as they support site build goals.
- Review and monitor municipal code and zoning ordinance changes.
- Implement & evaluate communications strategies with respect to siting advocacy
- Monitor and track the current regulatory landscape within the regions through use of a comprehensive database or similar tool.
- Manage and analyze jurisdictional & media research provided by external vendors and cross functional support from Government and Legal Affairs.
- Serves as subject matter expert on matters related to municipal codes and effectively communicates regulatory status of sites.
- Ensure strong two-way communication with each region regarding current regulatory information and guidance that may be applicable to the market.
- Work with National Compliance and Legal stakeholders to deliver training throughout the regions on standards and expectations related to complying with federal, state, regional and local regulations.
- Support and monitor the activities of national siting advocacy programs.
- Implement and track National Siting Advocacy policy rollouts in respective regions.
- Works with Legal Affairs, National and Regional Development, peers, outside legal counsel, Government Affairs and Regional Corporate Counsel on trends, strategy, and escalated siting issues.
- Trains and coaches local staff on cell-site-related public opinion issues, presentation techniques, messages, and industry best practices. Prescribes appropriate educational programs on siting policies.
- Demonstrated understanding of government relations.
- Expertise in compliance issues and procedures at national, state, regional and local levels for, land use rights, right of way agreements and zoning regulations.
- 5+ years direct experience with government relations issues related to siting or site development.
- 5+ years combined business /government experience with exposure with local, regional or federal government.
- 5+ years working in the wireless industry.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in teamwork at multiple levels; adapts easily to change.
- Intermediate level technical writing skills.
- Bachelors Degree. Public Policy, Public Administration
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.