Sr Reporting & Analytics ManagerAPPLY NOW
The Device Reporting team within the Device and Procurement organization is the enterprise source of truth for Device and Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) operational and financial facts and impacts. The Sr Reporting & Analytics Manager is a highly skilled and driven individual contributor with direct accountability for providing financial, operational and executive reporting solutions that provide leadership insights of managing programs, operational growth, savings, compliance monitoring, drive SOX compliant reporting for financial booking, and ensure the accuracy and audit-readiness of the program financials. This role requires strong leadership and management skills, strong understanding of all TMUS enterprise database structure and design, strong understanding of relationship among front-end, back-end and reporting systems, and strategic thinking to enable the generation of the most effective reporting solutions. Key reporting deliverables include: Executive Dashboards and Briefings, Financial and Contractual Commitment Scorecards, Program Accounts Receiving Billing, Inventory Positions, Write-offs, Promotions, and reports leveraged by Accounting to enable rapid business innovation.
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally. Identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic and tactical objectives. Provide insight and guidance to leadership on the trends and drivers behind the results and prepare reports on findings.
- Assesses the needs of the business, prioritize projects and drive new reporting requirements to completion. Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business. Drive clarity on requirements and ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements.
- Identify and communicate key insights to leadership team based on reports and analysis
- Work cross functionally in order to proactively and systematically identify and implement any enhancements to reporting and analytics processes
- Regularly assumes project/initiative responsibility
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting. Serves as a subject-matter expert on the team.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees and serve as team lead. May serve as Manager’s proxy in his/her absence.
- Acting as a team lead and project lead, design and build reports and analyses that reflect complex program levers that directly impact product profitability, in order to support device portfolio strategy and Device Lifecycle Management (DLM).
- Structure, perform Quality Assurance, and deliver recurring reports and dashboards accurately and on-time (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Mentor team members in building and testing new reports to ensure and demonstrate quality and drive knowledge sharing
- 7+ years’ experience mining data and developing reports using a variety of reporting/analytics software packages with an aptitude for learning new reporting software packages
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities & deliverables in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment
- Superior organizational, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage multiple priorities
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Able to write complex SQL using a variety of User Interfaces (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS Enterprise Guide, TOAD for Oracle)
- Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing, data connections, automation using macros and VBA)
- Conceptualize and design new reports
- Ability to perform data investigation (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determine data reasonableness based on business insights)
- Perseveres to locate necessary data and identify creative solutions to enable project completion, overcoming (at times) insufficient documentation and “tribal knowledge” environment
- Strong business acumen and sufficient Financial Accounting knowledge to be able to understand impact on P&L from reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Consistently delivers high quality timely work resulting in highly satisfied customers
- Passion for learning
- Task oriented
- Team player
- Doesn’t hesitate to ask for help and brainstorm with peers
- Able to combine data across platforms using SAS Enterprise Guide strongly preferred
- Wireless industry background strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree. Business, Finance, Information Management or related field
- Additional experience considered in lieu of degree
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.