Communications ManagerAPPLY NOW
T-Mobile is the nation’s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. Expanding on our success with consumers, we brought the Un-carrier approach to businesses last year with T-Mobile @Work, punching above our weight against the Duopoly (AT&T and Verizon) who’ve long dominated the space.
That’s why we need a highly motivated PR pro to kick ass and take names while driving news and buzz for T-Mobile @Work, including the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) area within the company. The communications manager will also lead the company’s industry analyst relations program, covering all facets of the Un-carrier.
This person will direct agency resources, participate in T-Mobile’s fast paced communication planning process, and partner very closely with marketing and other internal stakeholders to develop and execute external communications strategy and content.
We’re looking for a critical thinker with technology business to business PR chops who drives for results, knows how to get results through others cross-functionally, comes up with creative approaches and solutions, and rolls up their sleeves to get sh*t done.
- @Work Communications: builds creative & competitive communication strategies and tactics that build buzz and raise awareness about T-Mobile’s @Work business and the emerging IoT space, enhance brand reputation, and reinforce leadership across critical external stakeholders, including industry analysts and news media.
- Industry Analyst Relations: leads T-Mobile Analyst Relations function, ensuring analysts are well versed on all aspects of T-Mobile’s business.
- Supports with wireless network and technology PR initiatives.
- Business Partnership: Serves as a strategic business partner and provides communications counsel; drafts and edits news releases, scripts & videos. Knowledgeable about the specific focus area of business in order to make communications recommendations to management.
- Directs agency resources for communications programs, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met and business objectives and opportunities are well communicated.
- Manages speaking opportunities and functions as a liaison with external business partners to ensure proper and accurate product representation in events and other initiatives.
- 5+ years developing & managing complex communication plans in an agency or corporate environment. Must be skilled at writing/editing newspaper, magazine, website and/or corporate communications.
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, high volume Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations function for a large corporation or agency; strong cross functional partnership experience. Skilled at getting results through others both directly and indirectly.
- Public relations expertise including technology, business to business, and reputation management.
- Exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills including experience such as a lead spokesperson and understanding of the digital space.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level leadership.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, results driven; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and assertive.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, flexibility, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required. Self-motivated and possess the ability to work well both independently and among a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient using MS Office Suite
- Core Competencies: Critical Thinking, Writing, Editing, Oral, Integrated Communications, Communications Consulting, Communications Strategy, Communications Planning, Measurement, Primary/Secondary Research, Media Relations, Crisis Management
- Proven track record of successfully managing communication strategy for C-level executives (CEO, COO, CMO, CFO, etc.)
- Experience in developing and leading communications strategy for dynamic organizations that have experienced significant change (eg change in response to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc).
- Telecommunications industry and cross-cultural experience; background in consumer technology; background in consumer technology
- Contributing to high performing teams
- Agency/Vendor Management, Social Media, Event Management, Visual Communications, Analyst Relations, Issues Management, Product Publicity
Bachelor’s Degree. Communications, Journalism, English, PR or related field
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.