Sr Accountant - Revenue AccountingAPPLY NOW
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
Senior Accountant – Revenue Accounting
The Senior Accountant – Revenue Accounting is a critical new role supporting our ongoing implementation of ASC 606 and the new related operational processes being developed within our broader Revenue Accounting team. The successful candidate for this role will support our transitional activities to the new revenue recognition standard, and will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate accounting entries and related analysis are prepared in accordance with both US GAAP and IFRS as our new revenue recognition platform is deployed. The successful candidate will assist in the development of process and procedures, and develop a deep understanding of our systems and products and the related accounting implications under the new revenue standard. The ideal candidate must possess a solid understanding of revenue recognition guidance and had a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and problem solving skills who is excited to work in a cross-functional team environment with a diverse group of people across the broader accounting function, marketing, operations, IT, and tax.
- Assist in the development and documentation of process and procedures supporting the implementation and post deployment activities associated with our new revenue recognition platform.
- Participate in the month end close process, responsibilities includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis associated with revenue recognition.
- Use accounting concepts (US GAAP/ IFRS) to understand and document the appropriate accounting treatment of new offers and products under ASC 606 and work cross functionally to develop the appropriate solutions to implement the requisite accounting treatment.
- Develop / execute reporting required to support analysis associated with activities accounted for in our new revenue recognition platform in order to explain financial results. Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations associated with this reporting. This will include the development and execution of ad hoc reporting using our ad hoc reporting cube under development.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects to develop the appropriate accounting patterns required under ASC 606. Identify and communicate the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes as it relates to accounting operations under ASC 606.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and experience with accounting GL and reporting systems.
- Able to perform complex analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope and to communicate technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Ability to mine, manage, and analyze large volumes of data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance various projects simultaneously, understanding prioritizations, with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable expressing ideas and concerns during interactions and meetings and a strong willingness to collaborate with team members and look for the most effective and efficient solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA required; Revenue recognition experience, especially in telecommunication and financial services industry, preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years of relevant accounting experience with a large regional or Big Four accounting firm.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.