Manager, Accounting – Postpaid RevenueAPPLY NOW
The Accounting Manager role is a leadership role that reports to the Senior Manager of Postpaid Revenue Accounting. It is responsible for ensuring that the Postpaid Revenue activities are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis. This position will manage individual contributor roles and will oversee the monthly close process, monthly operational activity, and various projects. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing various initiatives and process improvements.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Establish structure and standards in order to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Manage departmental projects and process changes in order to improve efficiencies in work processes and to reduce work in low value activities.
- Responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations review and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Participate in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems and the transactional flow, and ensuring regression testing is performed.
- Responsible for creating operational process for the functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing control environment and potential audit requirements.
- Responsible for driving department goals and vision forward within the team.
- Provide review of work of other team members, providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
- Coach and develop business, system, process and accounting acumen, including awareness of team member’s career goals and promoting development of team members.
As a Leader you are focused on strategy and planning while developing and guiding your team. You demonstrate and showcase your leadership abilities by:
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Experience managing a team, including through times of significant change.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop goals and the process by which to meet goals based on provided objectives.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives. Proven history of building
- and maintaining positive relationships with peer, customer and supplier teams.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Experience building team skills and motivation through positive encouragement and by setting appropriate performance expectations.
- Experience managing impacts to team from system conversions: i.e. requirements assessment, solution design, operationalization of new accounting processes.
- Positive role model and leads by example
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters, CPA preferred.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience with at least 2 years managing teams.
- Public accounting and/or retail or financial services industry accounting experience preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.