Principal Consultant, Agile TransformationAPPLY NOW
Principal Consultant, Agile Transformation
The Principal Consultant, Agile Transformation plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile's technology strategy and transformation by applying expertise in agile processes, tool standards and governance, training, continuous improvement, DevOps, and continuous delivery. This is a highly visible role with ample opportunities to lead enterprise-scale transformation while providing hands-on coaching and guidance to management, technical and business teams.
The Principal Consultant must be able to apply proven framework to simplify the learning journey and connecting principles to practical application to maximize organizational adoption. Must have a passion for working with and mentoring a variety of teams to create truly sustainable and extendable systems. Open to new challenges, be innovative, provide thought leadership, be a servant leader and an effective collaborator to work across business functional and software developments teams to solve problems and implement new process and tool solutions. Work with all levels of the management to drive adoption and agility.
Leadership views this role as a trusted advisor who utilizes in-depth industry, business, and technical knowledge to guide teams in the delivery of capabilities that are key to the company’s success.
- Lead large scale agile transformation efforts.
- Explain difficult concepts to decision makers to help shape technology strategy to achieve agility.
- Serve as a contributing member of a high performing Agile tool governance team, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of Agile processes and Rally tool best practices
- Drive the evolution of agile tool governance by influencing key decision makers and ensuring compliance with standards and guardrails set to simplify the learning journey for the teams
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise. Grasp, communicate and share big-picture enterprise wide perspectives with the team. Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength.
- Provide hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace
- Identify opportunities for individuals and team-based continuous improvements
- Advance Business, IT, and Operations leadership understanding of their respective roles within Agile
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on Agile development methods (DevOps) and processes to build effective program teams and lead complex organizational transformations
- Guide teams with their relevant metrics from Rally to help the team see how they are performing and leverage retrospectives to continuously improve
- 8+ years industry experience as a program manager, product manager, development manager or QA manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery or complex software systems or services
- 4-6 years driving enterprise wide agile transformation initiatives with real-world coaching and guiding responsibilities for all levels of the organization, i.e. teams, division, IT, or Business
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with agile management tool, Rally or equivalent
- Experience acting as a business leader that is able to interpret business goals and apply them
- Must be a leader that can influence the consistent adoption of agile principles, business process as well as Rally tool governance structure for the enterprise
- Ability to advise executives, facilitate planning meetings, and identify and mitigate Agile adoption risk
- Serve as an advisor to teams; leading by example and challenging the status quo
- Ensure Agile adherence and consistency while maintaining teams' abilities to be self- directed
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Ability to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organization to resolve conflicts
- Design, develop and deliver training to satisfy the needs for real world application and just in time learning for targeted audiences
- Foster a trusting environment focused on servant leadership and continuous improvement
- Promote environment and culture of experimentation and innovation
- Mastery of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) and product life cycle management is critical
- Prior experience in software engineering or scrum master across multiple software development teams is a huge plus
- Bachelors Degree. in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- (Desired) Master’s / Advanced Degree
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.