Sr Accounting ManagerAPPLY NOW
The Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting is a key leadership position within the Corporate Controller’s organization, responsible for the application of revenue accounting standard to ensure compliance with both U.S. GAAP and IFRS. This position is a subject matter expert in revenue accounting who will work closely with key business partners, members of Accounting, Financial Reporting, and the broader Finance organization in supporting T-Mobile business initiatives and determining the accounting treatment. This is a highly visible and impactful individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with key stakeholders, contribute in bringing transparency into revenue accounting and establishing processes and controls around business activities impacting revenue accounting.
- Researching, resolving and documenting accounting treatment related to marketing, advertising, business partnership and promotional activities that is both U.S. GAAP and IFRS compliant and consistent with T-Mobile’s and its parent company’s revenue accounting policies
- Working with business partners, finance, tax and accounting operations teams as appropriate to review marketing offers/concepts, draft and final contracts for proper accounting treatment and communicating issues and suggestions to achieve desired treatment considering system capabilities and reporting
- Providing accounting impact analysis to key stakeholders, including business product owners, finance and accounting teams
- Liaising with Accounting Policy teams and external auditor on complex revenue recognition matters driving for consistent accounting application
- Establishing and maintaining process and controls around business activities and changes impacting revenue accounting that are meeting SOX requirements.
- Maintaining repository of accounting documentation to ensure SOX compliance
- 6+ years of progressive experience in technical GAAP research, interpretation, documentation and communication; similar IFRS experience a plus. Mix of public and private accounting preferred, with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting
- Significant experience in resolving complex revenue recognition
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard (ASC 605/606) and research skills; similar IFRS skills a plus
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to translate accounting treatment into accounting entries and financial metrics
- Ability to communicate and advocate accounting positions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to appropriately prioritize and manage several diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Wireless or retail industry experience preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.