Sr Engineer, Systems ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
The position is in Rating and Service Control Engineering team. This group is at the heart of launching T-Mobile’s Uncarrier, MetroPCS, and MVNO plans on real-time rating and metering platforms. Job responsibilities include, but not limited to, feasibility studies, design and optimization of real-time rating/metering network, interacting with marketing teams, vendors, and other T-Mobile teams in shaping product requirements. Once the product scope is agreed, the engineer is expected to own the implementation, right from design all the way through the rollout. Being a senior design engineer, the candidate is expected to use their razor sharp analytical and communication skills to find the best possible solution and sell the solution when and where required. He/she should be able to consistently identify and implement efficiency through software automation or process optimization. Ability to draft or review design documents and technical specifications is a must.
- Effectively work with other departments and vendors in shaping, designing, testing, and implementing rating and metering solutions for Voice, Messaging, and Data services
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in rating/metering solution space and act as point of contact towards internal customers
- Research and provide input to feature requests and platform enhancements
- Create network design and successfully document it
- Follow-up on Change Requests (CRs) with vendors and influence product roadmaps
- Participate and contribute in technical reviews
- Integrate rating and metering nodes and functions into T-Mobile network
- Enhance, simplify, and optimize existing applications and processes
- Innovate in mobile space
- In-depth hands-on experience with UMTS, LTE, VoLTE, and IMS technologies
- Experience successfully designing and implementing Rating / Metering / Mediation solutions
- Experience designing mobile applications using one or several of the following protocols: CAPv2, CAPv3, SIP, Diameter (Ro, Gy, Sy), LDAP, and/or Web Service protocols
- Familiarity with any cloud technologies or virtualization
- Hands-on experience with IP technologies and protocols
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills a must
- Software development experience to drive efficiency through use of best practices and automation
- Experience evaluating responses from vendors and preparing summary report with recommendations to management
- Ability to understand and reference IETF, 3GPP, ITU, ANSI standards when needed
- Experience working in cross functional teams as a team member or team lead
- Ability to perform duties off hours when required
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual to go beyond routine duties
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.