Principal Engineer, Systems DesignAPPLY NOW
Responsible for the Validation of Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile’s Network. Perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services. Create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. Supports Support Lab and FOA validation of new features/services/platforms to ensure successful deployment and effective operations. Leads multiple technical projects. This is a key technical leadership position which requires influencing decisions made across the Technology Team, in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical), design of new features and technologies, and advising the Technology Team leadership. This individual is recognized as a subject matter expert across the Technology Team and helps coach and develop new technical leadership and mentor junior engineers.
• Roadmap/Vendor Management: Roadmap/Vendor Management: By working with Design and cross functional teams drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
• Support Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design: Support in creating functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency. Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
• Lead Network Validation: Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features. Support the feature verification in lab and FOA when design level support is required. Sign-off on exceptions and approve designs.
• Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
• SME Operational Support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
• Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers. Coach and develop T-Mobile leadership and cross-functional teams on technology decisions. Create and deliver technical training. Demonstrated capability to write technical materials to audience. As these are complex issues, strong analysis skills are required along with an ability to develop methods and evaluation criteria.
• Principal Engineer, System Design must be a subject matter expert and demonstrate in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards.
• Principal Engineer, System Design must also be able to use their discretion to prioritize tasks and work items.
• Principal Engineer, System Design must be able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives.
• Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts with emphasis on Coverage Solutions.
• Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
• Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of GERAN, UTRAN, LTE Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols (AC, AP, SeGW, H(e)Nb-GW, Femto Cell OSS, SPM, BSC, RNC, BTS, NodeB, eNB, Iu-h, IuB, Abis, IuR, A I/F, Ater, IuCS, IuPS, IuPC, S1, X2).
• SME Experience in validating platforms DAS, Repeaters (Indoor and Outdoor).
• Experience in validation E2E nodes including UEs.
• Experience in validating IPAccess, Spidercloud, ALU in building and Small Cells solutions.
• Able to develop, articulate, and influence technical strategies and policies across the division.
• Proven Ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects and manage priorities effectively.
• Strong demonstrated Technical Writing and presentation skills.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office.
• Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills.
• 8-10+ years Technical experience with GERAN, UTRAN Design Engineering (Coverage solutions validation experience is preferred).
• Hands on experience in validating coverage solutions including Small cells is strongly preferred.
• IP networking experience or relevant certifications a plus.
• LTE Experience a must.
• Operational Experience in Technical Project Management, Performance Management, Capacity Planning, or Fault Management methods preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.