OCA Compliance ManagerAPPLY NOW
OCA Compliance Manager
The OCA Compliance Manager works with the Director of Financial Operations to administer the Outside Collection Agency Compliance Program and related procedures in accordance with T-Mobile's policies, procedures and applicable federal regulations. This role will look forward into the evolving landscape of third party collection agency compliance to ensure we anticipate and are prepared for compliance and regulatory changes.
- Provide compliance structure and oversight to all areas of the department, including all third party agencies, regarding federal and state laws, rules and regulations to include but not limited to FDCPA, TCPA, CFPB, etc.
- Responsible for compliance oversight of monthly, quarterly and yearly monitoring and audit inspection of third party agencies and department, ensuring sound structure and that industry best practices are maintained
- Act as subject matter expert on all regulatory and compliance related subjects as they pertain to the collection of debt (FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, etc)
- Act as department point of contact for compliance investigations from 3rd parties related to the operational or collection practices of the OCAs or the department.
- Liaison with Corporate Compliance, Corporate Risk and Audit and any other internal department in regards to risk and compliance, act as focal point for all department deliverables
- Manage/track outstanding remediation activity on an ongoing basis through internal reports and logs, ensuring all mediation deadlines are met
- Oversee compliance training for internal employees as well as vendors
- Ensure all contractual and compliance related documentation is reviewed regularly and maintained current
- Create and regularly execute risk control testing plans for the department to monitor that controls continue to operate effectively
- Assist in communication with third party agencies on all audit, regulatory and compliance reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field or equivalent work experience required. Minimum 3-5 years relevant compliance or audit experience
- Strong knowledge of collection related compliance regulations
- A certification such as the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on compliance topics to others verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information relating to compliance
- Ability to plan strategically as it relates to the individual, team, and department responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentiality related thereto
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with the Company's standards of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple and/or shifting priorities, and produce professional and accurate work product, sometimes under time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software programs, as well as general computer skills for daily activities, research and presentation (power point and template) skills
- Desire to increase learning and gain further expertise on financial services compliance matters
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.