Director, Financial Operations, PaymentsAPPLY NOW
The Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership over the payment exceptions processes. Drive rich analytics and insights into all areas of ownership to improve the customer experience, drive costs out of the business and execute on noiseless
processes. Work closely with aligned businesses including customer and financial care to balance a great customer experience with financial controls over payment processes and operations. Lead and further develop an already best in class Cash Applications team.
- Optimize the customer experience through evaluation of current business rule sets, process improvements and system enhancements in partnership with Care, Retail, Treasury, and others.
- Reduce costs and drive efficiencies via automation, elimination and transfer of processes.
- Effectively partner with leaders who own aspects of customer payment flow, such as Care, Retail, Treasury, EIT, Accounting, Marketing, and Legal.
- Provide direction, knowledge and expertise to reduce the volume of payment exceptions.
- Strengthen controls in the areas of subscriber refunds, missing payments, chargebacks, returns, defaults, payment reconciliations, and others.
- Ensure compliance with payment industry rules and regulations.
- Drive analytics to automate and streamline our processes and systems.
- Drive resolution into areas of leakage in the payments flow, including hand-offs between payment systems, lack of system functionality, etc.
- Ensure the team executes core payment projects, ensuring compliance with industry rules and regulations while enhancing payment processes.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with out-source partners as well as manage vendor contracts.
- Hire, train, coach and lead a high caliber and diverse team.
- Bachelor degree is required with a concentration in finance, business management or IT; graduate level degree strongly desired
- Progressive leadership roles in back office payment operations and payment systems
- Extensive experience in payment products and services, including credit and debit cards, Automated Clearing House, NACHA, and other payments related rules and regulations
- Proven track record of driving or partnering with IT on complex projects
- Strong business acumen – able to identify and work with key business partners to maximize business results
- Strong systems and software technical aptitude, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Applies critical thinking in identifying, assessing and resolving issues
- Self-starter with a drive and motivation to succeed in an ever changing highly competitive environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Strong cross functional ability to network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Sound business judgment; able to take initiative yet know when it’s necessary to escalate an issue based on the impact its outcome may have on the business
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Executive presence and maturity, ability to present ideas and business propositions to senior leadership
- Collaborative, yet influential
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.