Director, Financial OperationsAPPLY NOW
The Director will provide strategic leadership and own the process over non-subscriber Accounts Receivable which includes over 15 portfolios to ensure timely and accurate billing and collections. Drive best in class account management processes while optimizing OFCF by realizing reductions in Accounts Receivable aging. The Director will drive rich analytics and insights into all areas of ownership to influence business partners, drive costs out of the business and execute on noiseless processes. The Director will be charged with developing a best in class Accounts Receivable team.
- Build relationships with portfolio partners leveraging the relationship and specific details of each complex account to bring quicker and more effective solutions.
- Develop reporting and metrics to highlight opportunities with partners to enhance understanding and influence change.
- Effectively partner with leaders across the business who own the relationships with the 3rd parties, such as Sales, Marketing, Device & Procurement, Legal, Engineering, etc.
- Evaluate, develop, and enhance Accounts Receivable departmental policies and strategic plans.
- Proactively monitor Accounts Receivable and provide direction, knowledge and expertise to improve collections and reduce late balances.
- Identify non-payment trends, report on Accounts Receivable risk, and ensure write-offs are minimal.
- Review current processes and workflows and make changes for more productive results as well as strengthen the control environment.
- Reduce costs and drive efficiencies via automation, elimination and transfer of processes.
- Ensure the team executes well on enterprise projects to support strong customer master, billing and collections functions and to meet the overall project objectives.
- Enhance the 3rd party experience by sponsoring projects to advance the customer tool set.
- Ensure communications to senior leadership that are polished and deliver a clear and concise message.
- Hire, train, coach and lead a high caliber and diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business Management; graduate level degree strongly desired.
- Strong business acumen – able to identify and work with key business partners to maximize business results.
- Experience partnering with sales organizations using a consultative approach.
- Strong systems and software technical aptitude, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact with executive levels.
- Progressive leadership roles in large Accounts Receivable management is a plus.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Self-starter with a drive and motivation to succeed in an ever changing highly competitive environment.
- Thought leader with sound business judgment; able to take initiative yet know when it’s necessary to escalate an issue based on the impact its outcome may have on the business.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Ability to set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Has diversity of thought and brings new ideas and innovation
- Executive presence and maturity, ability to present ideas and business propositions to senior leadership
- Strong managerial leadership
- Collaborative, yet influential
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.