Sr Analyst, AnalyticsAPPLY NOW
The Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for a technology savvy resource to support the advanced analytics community at T-Mobile. Advanced analytics and data science practices continue to grow at T-Mobile and support from the IT organization is critical from providing flexible environment/tool capabilities to accessing data quickly and securely. This position will drive new ways of partnering between IT and the business community, supporting analytics user group activities, supporting aspects of new system/toolset builds such as re-platforming SAS, and creating collaborative processes for delivering analytics. This role requires a blend of experience in performing analytics activities and working knowledge of IT systems/processes to provide a great consulting experience for our internal customers. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving business results including Finance, Marketing, Digital, Supply Chain.
- Interface with various business teams in support of advanced analytics needs and capabilities
- Define processes for intake and support of advanced analytics needs
- Participate as a SME on advanced analytics project efforts from new tool selection/implementation to use case delivery
- Partner with IT and business teams in making analytics user groups successful while promoting standards, knowledge sharing and best tools/practices
- Create and maintain technical/process documentation such as system flow charts, diagrams and procedures appropriate for supporting for new applications
- Participate in the creation of training and adoption materials for current and potential users of the systems; support presentation of those materials as needed
- Support internal IT teams performing analytics on our own BI systems from system performance to user usage patterns
- 5 years of experience in analyzing complex data sets with experience in advanced analytics practices
- Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies: SAS, SPSS, Aster, R and/or Python
- Experience in operating within traditional RDMS’s such as SQL, Teradata, Oracle and experience with platforms such as Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of data architecture and data base concepts
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
- Strong knowledge of IT SDLC, both traditional waterfall and agile methodology/concepts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with peers
•Bachelors Degree in computer or science or management information systems or equivalent experience (8 years minimum related experience/training).
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.