Sr Architect, Business ProcessAPPLY NOW
The Business Architecture team drives the connection of strategy to ever faster product delivery. A team comprised of holistic thinking business analysts and architects, leverage their experience, business literacy, technical breadth, and pragmatic “Can Do” mentality to rapidly deliver insights that enable effective portfolio management and push measurable improvements to the Magenta Business Capabilities by technology domain owners. If you have a passion for the customer experience and the opportunity to provide a world class experience through the understanding and application of business architecture, this is the opportunity you want! We want leaders who are accountable, can align stakeholders and initiatives across the business, promote reusable design, challenge the status quo, frame decisions, negotiate good outcomes and do what it takes to deliver! If this sounds like you, apply now!
This role plays a key role in shaping T-Mobile's strategic product portfolio by applying expertise in strategic analysis, business architecture, functional, technical and organizational inter dependencies.
- Performs and guides rapid enterprise assessment of project and product requests
- Connects business strategies to technology domains for delivery, leveraging well-defined structure of T-Mobile business processes, products and capabilities
- Enables consistent definition and composition of scope by domain product, process, experience or capability.
- Identifies impacts and competing interests across all domains
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support business strategy. Apply and utilize business modeling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Develop an integrated view of the business using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques
- Develop business architecture artifacts including current state diagrams, future state diagrams, roadmaps, enterprise business architecture, and metadata. Review and assess work for coordination, completeness and integration with broader digital architecture vision.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Leads moderate to complex initiatives. Organizes, conducts and facilitates cross-functional team meetings.
- Proactively work to reduce administrative work and improve efficiency.
- Ensure that documentation is collected, categorized and available to the team for reuse as appropriate in different projects
- Works with business leaders and acts as a liaison between Business Units across TMUS enterprise and Information Technology (IT) Domains as well as other key business partners.
- 5+ years related work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Business Analysis or Business Relationship Management roles
- 3+ years functioning as an Enterprise or Business Architect
- Experience with software development delivery methods (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, etc.) and tools preferred
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used to extend and mature T-Mobile's architecture
- The ability to articulate the relationship between business strategy and technology strategy
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Strong facilitation and problem solving skills are necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to convey results in a summarily and persuasive manner
- Knowledgeable about wireless telephony business processes, strategic technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of established software development methodologies
- Bachelors Degree. Minimum 4-year degree in Business, computer science or related discipline
- Preferred – Six Sigma/Lean Experience or Certified Business Architect
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.