Principal Engineer, Systems DesignAPPLY NOW
Responsible for the Design, Planning and Optimization of GSM/UMTS/LTE networks for T-Mobile USA. Will be a key member of the team that provides guidelines on design, planning, capacity management, and deployment of GSM, UMTS and LTE networks for the Field. Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices. Manages multiple national or regional projects. This is a key technical leadership position required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies that may span national or regional geography. This position will also perform mentoring duties to Junior and Senior engineers.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Conduct and manage design reviews and operation reviews with all markets in the region.
- SME Operational Support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
- Perform feasibility analysis of new features, new RF products, KPIs, planning and dimensioning rules and the development of optimization features and processes
- Develops regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RF engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
- Works closely with national, regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of planning, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization
- Drive consistency across multiple planning tools and ensure smooth handoffs between tools, as well as drive acceptance and communication of tools across regions and teams
- Interpret technical specifications in accordance with Wireless industry standards, including 3GPP, ITUT, IETF, and ANSI, in order to establish wireless network designs.
- Provide technical leadership for GSM/WCDMA/LTE network architecture and protocols as well as future technologies, e.g 5G roadmap.
- Influence the acceptance of new performance practices and performance based operational efficiencies, communicate and gather acceptance at regional level.
- Acts as a mentor for junior RF Engineering staff. May be required to develop training materials and host training sessions
- Must be passionate on the wireless technologies and willing to take ownership on his or her own career development. The individual is willing to take on the challenging assignments and projects not in the job description and outside of the regular responsibilities.
- Must be able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives and drive the large scale project to completion. Feel comfortable to demonstrate leadership to and interact with 16 markets in the Region.
- Must be able to develop, articulate, and influence technical strategies and policies across the division. Concise communication, writing and presentation skills are critical on this role. Be able to summarize complex issues in simple terms and produce professional look Powerpoint presentation.
- Must also be able to use their discretion to prioritize tasks and work items.
- Must be a subject matter expert and demonstrate in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards.
- Experienced in the use of different RF Performance and Planning tools (experience with Asset tool will be preferred), ACP tools and AFP tools.
- Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts with emphasis on Coverage Solutions.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of GERAN, UTRAN, LTE Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols (AC, AP, SeGW, H(e)Nb-GW, Femto Cell OSS, SPM, BSC, RNC, BTS, NodeB, eNB, Iu-h, IuB, Abis, IuR, A I/F, Ater, IuCS, IuPS, IuPC, S1, X2).
- SME Experience in designing HetNet and DAS (Indoor and Outdoor) networks.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills.
- 8-10+ years Technical experience with GERAN, UTRAN and eUTRAN network Planning and Design Engineering.
- LTE FDD Experience a must.
- Operational Experience in Technical Project Management, Performance Management, Capacity Planning, or Fault Management methods preferred.
- Programming and database skills are a huge plus.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.