Technical Delivery Manager CloudAPPLY NOW
Technical Delivery Manager (Cloud)
The Technical Delivery Manager is accountable for the delivery of large, cross-functional development and systems-integration projects on the public cloud for T-Mobile USA. The TDM is ultimately responsible for leadership, management, quality and cost-effective/timely delivery of projects.
Software development. Customer focus. Embracing open source mentality. Driving change through technology, relationship building, influencing, and talent management. Results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Directly and indirectly manage the work of T-Mobile and third-party developers
- Provide structure and direction. Create clear and measurable goals. Monitor progress and results. Give effective feedback to teams and vendors. Hold people accountable, including self. Makes tough decisions when appropriate
- Translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives. Align appropriately with other groups
- Manage business requirements and scope on a technical level. Coordinate between cross-functional teams to ensure product adherence to requirements and architecture
- Establish/maintain relationships with business clients, ensure their needs are being met
- Manage communication to leadership on status of plans and activities (including annual, quarterly, weekly and ad hoc reporting). Present on projects, initiatives and other subjects to team, peers and upper management
- Create and manage service level agreements (SLAs)
- Create and own budget for projects
- Assist Cloud Finance team with analysis and reporting of cloud hosting costs. Help support strategies to drive cost culture and improvements
- Work cross-functionally with Procurement, Vendor Management, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Legal and other supporting teams to ensure proper alignment with stakeholders
- Implement best practices to improve the delivery process, procedures, and tools used by team
- Contribute to organization’s body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring and optimization
- Conduct peer reviews to solicit feedback on artifacts created
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (or equivalent industry experience)
- 5+ years of project management or lead experience
- 5+ years of hands-on coding and application development experience (and has maintained ability to code)
- Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience managing business requirements, scope, schedule, project plans and budget
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies
- Experience in cloud-native application development (AWS, Azure, Docker)
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, upper-management
- Ability to triage issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution
- Ability to assess the impact of new processes or project requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Ability to successfully develop and deliver technical solutions
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.