Sr Engineer, Ent Information SecurityAPPLY NOW
T-Mobile US is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile US, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
The Cyber Security Operations Services Engineer, Enterprise Information Security role working in Corporate Information Security will be responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of security systems in support of routing, switching, network taps, and responding to information security events in a large diverse enterprise environment. The best candidate for the role should have a strong comprehension of incident response, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills. This position collaborates with the Cyber Incident Response team and the Cyber Security Operations Center to insure that the Security Systems have current configurations, monitoring, and alerting with security related data across the enterprise. Additionally, the candidate must have some knowledge of system security design and network security best practices. Analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and work independently and as part of a team are required.
· Be aware of incidents handled by the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT)
· Insure configurations, routing, switching and network flows of Security systems including SEIM, DLP, IDS and other systems as required.
· Analyze disparate data sources for security incidents
· Respond to and collaborate with the CIRT and CSOC to insure systems are current and accurate. A champion for process, recommending tools, software development, or infrastructure changes to improve or enhance security
· Lead small to medium sized projects as directed
· Develop and deliver metrics as requested
· Cyber Incident Handling experience
· High-level network troubleshooting ability
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently and within time frame established
· Knowledge and experience with current cyber threats and landscape to Enterprise environments.
· In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments
· In-depth knowledge of security technologies such as, but not limited to:
- Intrusion Detection systems (Checkpoint, McAfee, ISS, Snort, etc.)
- Security Information and Event Management(SIEM)
- Network Windows/Linux forensics techniques
- Vulnerability scanning tools (WebInspect, Nessus, etc.)
- Diagnostic tools such as packet capture/decode and WAN probes
- Operating Systems: Windows & UNIX - Solaris, HP/UX, or Linux operating systems administration
- Networking components including routers, hubs, switches, etc.
- TCP/IP protocols
- OSI Seven Layer Model
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelors or Associate degree or equivalent experience
· Prefer at least one current form of following certifications - CISSP, CISA, CISM and or GCIH
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.