Sr Analyst, Business Systems (Regulatory Compliance)APPLY NOW
Sr Analyst, Business Systems (Regulatory Compliance)
This person would be responsible for managing delivery of mid to large and complex Enterprise projects with cross functional project teams that may be comprised of several departments, have high visibility, aggressive schedules, and require negotiation skills to balance the needs of project stakeholders specifically as related to network infrastructure (including the 911-impacting components of the network).This position understands how organizations function to accomplish their purpose, and defines capabilities an organization requires to provide a service or meet their goals. This position also requires a skilled person capable of creating, building and generating analytics on reporting for internal customers, senior leaders and external customers including the FCC, NRSC, OEC, CSC, PSAPs and other wireless industry leaders. This role assesses system impacts, provides gap and process analysis as well as cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service related initiatives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- An expert at eliciting and evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requests. Understands how policies, systems and processes impacts requests/projects. Fosters business knowledge and understanding among business systems analysts and project stakeholders. Brokers consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs. Poised when interacting with senior level audience. Invests in stakeholder management and possesses ability gain stakeholder trust
- Establishes (and validates with leadership) the program KPI measurements and quality control points and aligns reporting to track progress of consent decree compliancy requirements and NORS reporting against the measurements. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation.
- Fully investigate and document facts underlying reportable outages to support accurate and timely reporting to the FCC. Provide advanced decision analysis for focused, fact-based, reporting & statistics to engineering & operations leadership teams related to FCC reportable outages and detection tools. Provide recommendations on process/policy changes and tools to improve overall reporting to FCC and PSAPs. Analysis must be focused, concise & able to influence and enhance leadership decision-making related to recommended changes.
- Facilitates requirement sessions with stakeholders and creates comprehensive work products documenting requirements, including validation and traceability of requests. Has understanding on how projects align to broader organizational goals and business benefit. Is able to explain business benefit of projects and contributes to business case/feasibility development
- Participate in formal focus groups/interviews/conference calls related to recent FCC reportable outages or changes in FCC rule-making to determine if internal processes/policies were potentially a factor in the outage or resulting process. This position will participate and execute lessons learned from these working sessions with cross functional teams and resources enterprise wide.
- Creates and determines modeling approach to represent requirement information in graphical forms that augment textual representation,
- Develops a business analysis work-plan to manage own tasks, deliverables, schedule and provides information to stakeholders and Project Management. Assists other knowledge area BSA’s in development of their work-plans.
- Provide SME leadership and consulting support on complex tasks. Initiate and execute initiatives to improve the processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team. Reviews deliverables and provides input for other analysts. Strong understanding of all business channels.
- Provides mentoring and daily direction to analysts. Leads department process improvements initiatives.
- Facilitates business leadership and other company stakeholders in the definition of business roadmaps.
- Minimum of 5 - 8+ years of systems analysis experience with understanding strategic business information systems
- Solid understanding of BSA best practice principles and has applied practice; demonstrated ability to apply BABOK principles required.
- Solid understanding of multiple system development life-cycle mythologies
- Proven ability to effectively apply techniques which consists of textual formats, modals and diagrams.
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office Tools; especially critical within MS Excel software. Ability to compile and pull together mid-to-high level complex spreadsheets utilizing a variety of excel functions.
- Solid understanding of business process and system process within multiple knowledge areas
- Excellent written and communication skills; effectively communication with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving requirement impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME’s/executives to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of strong consulting skills and experience to bridge the gap between technology and business operations to enable organizations to make effective decisions.
- Certificate in Business Systems Analysis (preferably in a quantitative discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) and Visio
- 2-3 years project management experience
- Experience and proven ability to lead and facilitate meetings that drive positive/meaningful results for T-Mobile with regulators and government entities.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Access, Tableau
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications
- BABOK certification desired
- Bachelors Degree. Quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
- Masters Degree desired
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.