Principal Engineer, Systems ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
This position is responsible for the definition, design, validation and implementation of a high availability solution to support TMUS commercial IMS service offerings. This position will work closely with internal TMUS teams to define a solution architecture and requirements. Responsibilities include verifying that systems and software which TMUS obtains from external vendors complies with TMUS requirements.
- This position is responsible identifying and documenting technical requirements for the systems deployed in T-Mobile networks based on product and/or system architecture requirements.
- This position is responsible for completing system detailed design and associated documentation including call flows, cost estimates for business case analysis, impact studies, traffic engineering/capacity analysis and operation support documentation.
- This position is responsible for conducting design reviews of assigned projects with engineering peer group to ensure requirements are complete and design goals are met
- This position is responsible for providing technical expertise in Tier 2 support for operations personnel in assigned areas of responsibility
- Have held leadership position with oversight over multiple engineers while managing both technical content and project deliverables. Works without supervision and can clearly prioritize tasks while working multiple projects.
- Principal Engineer MUST possess system level knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- LTE (EPC) packet data core
- Policy/charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks.
- Developing requirements, specifications and test plans.
- Vendor management experience and ability to negotiate contracts, SOWs.
- TCP/IP networking (basic routing, analyzing network captures, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Effectively report status to management
- Apply project management, including risk analysis and issue mitigation..
- Must have experience in defining VoIP solutions including VoWiFi or VoLTE.
- Must have knowledge of 3GPP IMS core standards
- Experience developing class 5 MSC features including 3WC, CFD etc
- Ability to generate detailed ladder diagrams
- Must be fluent in SIP, SDP, RTP, DIAMETER
- Telephony application experience GSM MSSs including MAP mobility flows
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.